PDA

View Full Version : new puffer

homestar
01/22/2007, 01:03 PM
i got a porcupine puffer the other day but i'm not seeing alot of him, seems to be really shy. this seems wierd to me since most of the puffer i've seen in tanks are very playfull, when i drag my finger across the tank they follow it. but mine just hides and if he notices that i'm looking at him he stops breathing but when i move of to the side where he can't see me but i can still see him he starts breathing again. is this normal? not sure if he's eating, he still looks fin but i haven't seen him eat. i have pretty stong water flow so i turn it off when i feed the tank, he swims fin when it's on just seems that the food may be moving too fast for to catch it. the fish store told me that they had just gotten him from figi about a week earlier, would this have something to do with it. they said he was eating fine, but as i said i just haven't seen him eat.

luke33
01/22/2007, 01:31 PM
Pork puffers are very shy at first. Just give him some time, but he should get bolder each day. If he's still acting like that in another week or so and you haven't seen him eat, i'd get worried.

ralphie16
01/22/2007, 04:08 PM
your prolly really scary to him. My porcupine puffer hates crowds and people who wear red shirts.