PDA

View Full Version : Fish stocking question(s)......

steri
01/22/2007, 01:39 PM
I was at the LFS this weekend. I didn't buy anything because I wanted to post my wants and questions to you guys first before making another purchase and get your POV's.

In my tank currently is my cleaning crew, 2 emerald crabs, 2 Firefish gobies, and 2 wild caught Percula Clownfish. All are doing very very well and eating regularly, although the clownfish are only eating the pods in my tank and the Photoplanktan and Zooplankton I am putting in my tank. So far they haven't been interested in small pellets or brine shrimp. (Is there any way I can get them to start eating the frozen brine or say frozen bloodworms????)

When I was at the LFS I was discussing my stocking dreams. He told me I could get all of these (purchased in the order listed):

1a) 2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
1) Coral Beauty Angelfish
2) Flame Angelfish
3) Either a Lemon Peel Angelfish or a Imperator Angelfish Juvi (Imperator is one of my all time favorites)
4) Yellow Tang (last b/c of the chance for any aggresion issues)

He told me I could also consider getting maybe another one or two small fish like yellow gobies, Royal Grammas, or Firefish, but that after that, that would be it, unless I wanted to do water changes every week.

My question is, is my LFS accurate in what they are telling me? Can I really add 3 angels to my 75 with a yellow tang? That would make my fishy tank dreams come true (especially if I could get the Imperator), but I guess I just didn't expect that I could get all three with a Yellow tang in a 75.

What do you guys think?

If I got the 4 fish listed above, that would probably be it for my tank, but I wouldn't close out the possibility of getting one or 2 small colorful fish like a Royal Gramma or something just because I got a lot of little caves in my LR for little fish to swim through. As you can tell, I like Angels, a lot ;)

Oh, and if you want to know numbers:

salt: 1.0235
PH: 8.4
Ammo: 0
Trites: 0
Trates: 7
Temp: 76

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

kau_cinta_ku
01/22/2007, 01:47 PM
the 2 shrimp is ok
only stick to 1 angel and the emp. is not an option in a 75 gal.
the tang will be fine but save for last.
but you can add 1 or 2 more smaller fish and be fine

zooty
01/22/2007, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't put more than 1 Angel into a 75. The Imparotor will get too big. Personally I would skip the yellow tang myself but you could.

I would do the Flame or Coral Beauty, the gramma and other small fish, gobies, etc.

You'll need a bigger tank for multiple angels

steri
01/22/2007, 01:55 PM
So I can only get one angel then??? I did figure the tank for at least 2 angels, especially if they were small ones like the Coral Beauty and Flame angel because they do not get very big.

So, should I start forgetting dreams of having an Imperator :(

zooty
01/22/2007, 02:00 PM
I would try the CB and flame in a 75 if they were small and put in at the same time.

I have also read that its possible. Any other fish should be small.

kau_cinta_ku
01/22/2007, 02:01 PM
don't forget your dreams about the emp. but you'll need a bigger tank first.

the reason for 1 angel is due to fighting. but it is possiable just keep an eye on them

steri
01/22/2007, 02:29 PM
So I should put a flame and a Coral Beauty in at the same time? I don't usually want to add that much at once for bioload purposes. R U sure that would be ok?

kau_cinta_ku
01/22/2007, 02:31 PM
should be fine