PDA

View Full Version : Powder Blue Tangs

frankdatank
01/22/2007, 10:58 PM
I currently have a 75 gal FOLR tank with 3 small groupers, a small juvi. emperor angel, and a 12" yellowhead moray and a very small banded cat shark. Would a powder blue be a ok choice for this setup?

JamesJR
01/22/2007, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't do it as they are too skittish and active for 75s. They are such fast swimmers if won't be able to manuever around very well and could hurt itself darting into the glass or rocks.

Your tank is stocked with some fish that get really big too. Are you going to be upgrading?

jmccown
01/23/2007, 07:19 AM
PBT's are hard to keep. Very prone to ich. If you do decide to get one make sure you quarantine it before adding to your display. Would be a shame to add it directly to your tank and all your fish get ich. Trust me, I learned the hard way about a year ago.

SDguy
01/23/2007, 08:56 AM
Before any serious burns result from the flaming :D, I'd just like to suggest that you perhaps rethink your stocking ideas. How about buying fish that won't outgrow your tank in a few months? Also, even your current inhabitants are not compatible. The shark is generally a no no with picking fish like angels.

Check out wetwebmedia.com for lots of great info on these fish, and appropriate living quarters for them as well.

hth

brad23
01/23/2007, 01:57 PM
PBT are very active fish and a 75g is way to small

BMW///M3
01/23/2007, 11:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9050125#post9050125 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by frankdatank
I currently have a 75 gal FOLR tank with 3 small groupers, a small juvi. emperor angel, and a 12" yellowhead moray and a very small banded cat shark. Would a powder blue be a ok choice for this setup?

:eek: :confused: :eek2: :eek1: :rolleye1: :rolleye1: :mixed: :furious: :furious: :blown:

wow.....people like you should be taken out back and beaten in a burlap bag.... Your groupers get 4+ feet, shark 4 feet, moray 4 feet, emperor 15+ inches. Man, you REALLY did your homework when buying fish. Ever thought of throwing a great white shark in there? Or better yet maby a whale shark....I hear they ONLY get 60 feet long. Dead yourself....