PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater Simulation?

smacdone
01/23/2007, 01:02 AM
Okay, so i am about to set up my tank and was thinking wow wouldnt it be nice to be able to plan it all out before i set everything up. well that would require a artistic ability and some nice sketch work. But i was thinking we need some saltwater simulation software. Kind of like an Aquarium Sims, where you design the , set up your water pumps, pick from a wide array of coral and fish and watch how it will grow overtime. so than you can see what looks good. Does this exist at all? Or any smart computer programmers wanna make one?

Teknagen
01/23/2007, 01:50 AM
thats crazy idea

popimp06
01/23/2007, 02:06 AM
ya some one should design one cause this aint the first time i have seen this request

danch
01/23/2007, 08:33 AM
Actually, I've been thinking about that. Really the hard part would be simulating the flow around rocks and the diffusion of water through the sandbed.

Well, the hard part would be simulating the biologic activity, but that's one of those cases where you'd have to make simplifying assumptions. I was thinking of making the various life forms be fairly scriptable, so that it'd be easy to tune it for more realistic activity (or make it more 'playable')

But it's not like I don't have enough to do, either ;)