PDA

View Full Version : directing Melves Closed loop

rtstrat01
01/23/2007, 02:00 PM
I have a 29 gallon with a mag 7 pump and scwd, and a mag 5 return i believe, my set up is identical it his but ever since i set up the closed loop i have had problems with cyno, I want to try and redirect the flow so that i can eliminate this. everything is idebtical, pvc right angles where the water is being released in the tank on th closed loop and the return, should i try and lower the outlets on the closed loop, or should i make outlets have smaller holes so there is more pressure as it comes out.

Also i have seen return pumps where there is pvc around the top with multiple outlets around the top whould this work.

BruiseAndy
01/23/2007, 05:29 PM
Sure its a flow related problem? Checked your phosphate levels? any recent lighting changes? feeding schedule? how long has tank been established?

rtstrat01
01/23/2007, 06:25 PM
Nothing has changed, lighting the same, feeding the same, thought cyano was because of lack of flow to those areas

pvtschultz
01/24/2007, 12:20 PM
Typically cyano isn't a simptom of poor water flow/circulation. I would first look at water quality, change frequency, feeding habits, nutrient export, and tank age among other things. My cyano problems occured while I was using tap water for changes and top-off. It all went away with a month after switching to RO/DI. I also do 10% water changes. New tank almost always will got an outbreak during the first year, after that good source water, water changes, and proper feeding should prevent future outbreaks.