PDA

View Full Version : Moved Xenia and now it looks real bad

TriniStylez
01/24/2007, 02:45 PM
Last night I moved a xenia from one tank to another. It closed up and got really bad looking last night but I expected that. Today its still very closed and bad looking, no pulsing and "arms" and polyps have gotten very thin looking, stringy. It this normal? Nothing to worry about?

nsreefer
01/24/2007, 02:48 PM
What are the water params in the new tank? How did you acclimate them? If you drip acclimated and the parameters are in order i would chalk it up to stress from the move, and say give it a day or two.

papagimp
01/24/2007, 02:50 PM
It's going to have to adjust to the new water quality, lighting, ect. ect. I agree with nsreefer, give it a little longer before jumpin' the gun.

jellyous
01/24/2007, 02:59 PM
The zenia could look thinner like that because of a change of salinity. It should adjust though.

TriniStylez
01/24/2007, 03:11 PM
They were acclimated quite fast because the tanks are the same salinity, temp, ph. I know there are still lots of other variables but I thought it would be ok to do it quite fast. I think I acclimated it in about 20 min. or so.

nsreefer
01/24/2007, 03:33 PM
that's not too bad, better than nothing.... just give them time

cowboyswife
01/24/2007, 08:14 PM
They take some time to get used to the new tank. I was given some on Saturday, and they still look sad, but they are getting better by the day. I heard it can take up to two weeks for them to recover. No worries until their heads fall off :)

GSMguy
01/24/2007, 08:58 PM
xenia will bounce back just give it time it does not change tanks well

drummereef
01/24/2007, 09:01 PM
They should be ok. Probably just having them out of the tank for a little bit freaked them out. Give it another day or two and let them get acclimated to the new tank.