PDA

View Full Version : 120g CornerFlo Placement

ct_vol
01/25/2007, 02:30 PM
Hey Roger,
I have a 120g Perfecto Cornerflo and I was wondering about where I should place my 2 x 6000's??? The overflow on this tank is in the back left corner and the return comes out of the back side of the overflow... I currently have one 6000 placed on the front left corner, opposite the overflow, and then the other placed in the back right corner... What would the ideal placement be for this tank???

Also, I'm considering switching to the Deco Rocks when I add my next pair of Tunzes to the tank... Where would you then place the 6000's in the Deco rocks???

Oh, the pair of additional Tunzes will be the Nanostream 6055s... Those will be the controllable ones right??? Will these first 6055s be handmade like the first 6045s were??? And if so, might there be some defect problems like the first 6045's out???

BTW I love Tunze products... I have a 6025 in my 24g Aquapod and those two 6000's in my 120, and am completely pleased with their performance... Which is why I want more... :D

rvitko
01/25/2007, 05:14 PM
I would have set them up the same way, so it just comes down to trying things out until you find what you like.

Yes, the 6000's mount inside the deco rocks, in place of using the standard hardware.

The 6055 will be controllable, a large part of the delay of the 6055 is the problems we found with the 6025, people won't be so tolerant of mistakes when a pump costs $200. The molds have been changed to eliminate the problems. The only reason the 6045 was hand made was a bunch of parts were left over from prototyping and a lot of people were begging and crying so they made what they could from what was left over. I think I learned my lesson this time, I pushed very hard to get the 6025 and 6045 and it has cost my company alone a lot of money. You can imagine that everytime I have to replace a pump the profit is lost and we enter the negative, just on the shipping bill, never mind the cost of the pump. The pumps are cheap and the margins are very tight, there is no room for mistakes. I have learned my lesson in patience and I am not going to plead for the 6055 to be rushed.

Thanks!

ct_vol
01/25/2007, 05:25 PM
No, thats fine on the not rushing... I'd rather a fully functional product than having to go through the hassle of returning and waiting anyways... :D

As far as the deco rocks go, how would the placement change effect the overall flow of the tank... I mean having the pumps blowing outward from rockwork would obviously be quite different than having them mounted in the corners... But I like the idea of concealing the larger pumps... LMK what your opinion is on this...

dangerrrr
01/25/2007, 08:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9073838#post9073838 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rvitko I think I learned my lesson this time, I pushed very hard to get the 6025 and 6045 and it has cost my company alone a lot of money. You can imagine that everytime I have to replace a pump the profit is lost and we enter the negative, just on the shipping bill, never mind the cost of the pump. The pumps are cheap and the margins are very tight, there is no room for mistakes. I have learned my lesson in patience and I am not going to plead for the 6055 to be rushed.

Thanks!

surely if pumps are returned due to manufacturing defects then TUNZE is the one responsible and not your company... shouldn't they credit you back????

rvitko
01/26/2007, 12:09 PM
ct_vol, it does effect the flow, it angles it upwards and it can cause issues with flow behind the rock, I have that problem in my tank and have to siphon behind the rock regularly. It does look nicer though, especially with some time and growth, my entire rock is covered in pink zoos.

dangerrrr, whenever myself or any distributor of Tunze does a repair we are compensated for the actual item, the cost of shipping must come from our sales. After paying all duties and freight the company makes about 12% on every item. On a 6025, that is is not enough to even cover shipping, it only works when the sales volume is high and the rate of returns is extremely low. I bear some responsibility as Mr. Tunze repeatedly told me they were not ready, they needed a couple more weeks. I pushed and pushed for the pumps to be sent, the US got them before anyone else as a result so I have to accept part of this is my fault.