PDA

View Full Version : ORP probe calibration / offset adjustment

skydancer
01/26/2007, 09:50 AM
Curt and all:

I changed the ACIII Pro's default ORP offset value when I "calibrated" the probe using a Pinpoint 400 ORP solution that I purchased from Marine Depot. I know the manual recommends a Quinhydrone solution, but I figured it 'd be a lot easier to stick the probe in a 400 solution and adjust the offset... Would that work?

Question:
How long would I have to leave the probe in the 400 solution for it to "settle"?

Question:
If I were to go back to the factory default setting on the ORP offset, can you tell me what the value is? maybe zero?

skydancer
01/27/2007, 02:26 PM
No comments???

clp
01/29/2007, 02:31 PM
The default values are different depending on the particular controller. Please email support@neptunesys.com with your controller model, and serial number. I can then look up the default calibration values.

Curt

aiko670
01/30/2007, 07:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9078853#post9078853 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skydancer
Curt and all:

I changed the ACIII Pro's default ORP offset value when I "calibrated" the probe using a Pinpoint 400 ORP solution that I purchased from Marine Depot. I know the manual recommends a Quinhydrone solution, but I figured it 'd be a lot easier to stick the probe in a 400 solution and adjust the offset... Would that work?

Question:
How long would I have to leave the probe in the 400 solution for it to "settle"?

Question:
If I were to go back to the factory default setting on the ORP offset, can you tell me what the value is? maybe zero?

How did you calibrate the probe using 400 ORP solution?

skydancer
01/31/2007, 10:52 AM
I put the ORP probe in the 400mV solution and let it stabilize for about 5-10 minutes. Then I adjusted the offset in the AquaController III Pro to read 400. That's it!!!

To get to the manual ORP adjustment screen...
Run the self test from the home screen
Then click the Up Arrow twice
Then click the Down Arrow twice
Then click enter.

The "hidden" menu screen appears...
Selecet the Manual Cal option
Scroll to the ORP option
Adjust the offset up or down and exit.
The main screen should read 400.

Repeat the above steps to adjust further.