PDA

View Full Version : Des Moines, IA saltwater places?

chrisstie
01/26/2007, 03:55 PM
Hi :) You probably know me by now but the good news is I have a fellow World of Warcraft player whom I am good friends with and yet haven't met - and she's setting up her first aquarium!

One of the toughest things is that she doesn't know of any localish stores by her and will have to order everything online.. and her husband wants her to compromise and start with a small tank instead of a big one, ack!

I was hoping any of you Iowa locals might be able to recommend any stores, clubs, etc if there are any so i can pass the info onto her. I think if she and her husband could see the aquarium stuff first hand there wouldn't need to be any convincing or compromising :)

Thanks so much!

LittlePuff
01/26/2007, 06:29 PM
How about Davenport?
Aquatic Environments on Kimberly Rd.

wesly2006
01/26/2007, 07:39 PM
we do have a club in Iowa. she can go to www.greateriowareefsociety.com tell her to click on the RC link and she can talk to people closer to herself. im about an hour from her and dont know where any of them are in her area but there is at least one that is close to her.

wesly2006
01/26/2007, 07:40 PM
actually about two hours.

chrisstie
01/26/2007, 10:36 PM
For a state in the middle of nowhere its much better than nothign thanks so much I will pass it on!