PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy eye on my Black niger Trigger

snapper1
01/26/2007, 06:18 PM
I have been treating my blue niger Trigger with copper and Melafix in my 55 Gallon Tank over the last 10 Days.Both eyes 10 Days ago had this Grey film on his Eyes.I treated with copper and over the last 6 Days I have used Melafix.One eye cleared up but the other is the same,I am now trying Formilan as a last resort not sure what to do.I must treat in this Tank I have no back up Tank for this it is a Fish only Tank.Any ideas how to deal with this Im out of ideas.A local fishshop guy told me to buy something called Copper safe.I have no experance with this stuff.Any advice from the Fish Gods here thanx.

BadOleRoss
01/26/2007, 08:04 PM
I would have tried melifix and pimafix together. Adding copper to your main display tank kills all of the bacteria in your system both good and bad. And, to make matters worse there is no way to get it out of your tank short of replacing everything in it. I did the same thing on a 220. It was a very expensive lesson!

Wolverine
01/27/2007, 09:31 AM
Coppersafe is an inferior copper product at best. Even with that, this sounds more like a fungal infection, in which case the copper will provide little benefit anyway.
Some people soak the fishes food in phenoxyethanol to treat the fungus; the dose is 1%, IIRC, but you'd want to look that up to be sure.

Dave

snapper1
01/28/2007, 10:00 AM
Formalin did it his eye cleared up on 1/27/07 Thanx for the help.