PDA

View Full Version : AquaMedic Nanowave 9

smatter
01/27/2007, 11:51 AM
I bought one of these for my son for Xmas. Let me tell you now it was a mistake. I was initially intrigued by the apparent forward-thinking design of the system with its skimmer and refugium.

There are some major design flaws. Firstly, the ventilation is completely inadequate. With an ambient temperature of 68 degrees and the fuge light off, the lights raise the temperature of the water over 5 degrees over an eight hour period, a major problem. Another oversight that surprised me is that there is no surface skimming. The LEDs in our unit are also defective just to add insult to injury.

I am surprised that this system made it through AquaMedic's R+D Department. I have used many of their products and have found them to be excellent. That is why I was so excited to get this tank. Unfortunately, I will have to send it back to Premium Aquatics. :(

10" Red Devil
01/27/2007, 12:05 PM
Wow! This sucks! Thanks for warning us! I would look into the oceanic nano systems or the aquapods perhaps. Whatever you do stay away from JBJ they will only dissapoint you further.

smatter
01/27/2007, 02:07 PM
I have a Tunze Nano Reefpack lying around, I'll just get him a light with my credit from the tank and set him up with a standard 15L. No heat and none of the limitations and modding of the all-in-ones.