PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions??

PallidSilversky
01/27/2007, 12:09 PM
I am looking to add another fish to my 55 gallon tank.

Current stock:
1 Chalk Bass
1 Royal Gramma
1 Mandarin Goby
1 Coral Beauty Angel Fish
2 Cleaner Shrimp
5 Blue Legged Hermits
15 assorted snails

Corals:
Lots of GSP
Xenia
Leather Coral
Mushrooms

I'm thinking that I have room for maybe one more fish, but have no idea what to get. Any suggestions??

I also was wondering if I had enough light for a clam of some sort. I have 216 watts of T5 HO lighting.

sir_dudeguy
01/27/2007, 12:12 PM
something small like a yellow watchman...i got one of those and its pretty fun, altho it will beat me in a staring contest ANY day (the thing just stares...its so weird lol) and i've got a bicolor blenny that is pretty cool and small.

Hope you got food for the manderin is all :)

PallidSilversky
01/27/2007, 12:17 PM
I am actually VERY lucky, my mandarin will eat frozen mysis. :D
And there are SO MANY pods in my tank when I turn the lights on in the AM, that it looks like my rocks are moving!

sir_dudeguy
01/27/2007, 12:20 PM
lucky! ;) Actually so does my scooter blenny, tho those are more likely to take to mysis than manderins from what i hear. Wanna trade fish?? I always wanted a manderin lol

you'd be surprised at how quickly those pods can go away tho. specially if you dont have a large fuge, but that HOB one definately does help.

How long you had that manderine if i might ask?

PallidSilversky
01/27/2007, 12:26 PM
Not long, actually. Not even three weeks yet. I had another mandarin that died suddenly, and I waited a good three or four months before getting this mandarin.
My LFS had just gotten him in, and was all excited that she ate frozen food. The owner was showing her off to me, and she wound up comming home. :D
She loves it! Gobbles it right up.

LX302
01/27/2007, 02:27 PM
A clown or cardinal fish

LX302
A clown or cardinal fish

LX302
A clown or cardinal fish