PDA

View Full Version : Schuran JS1 pH controller/solenoid???

RCA
01/27/2007, 08:04 PM
JS1 users,

Has anyone used a controller with a solenoid (probe mounted in the pH port above the tee valve)? I was thinking about doing this and running the effluent at 6.3 for 12 hrs during the day to keep pH consistent (hook up the controller to a timer) The variable(s) to keep the dKH levels up would be the drip rate and the timer on the controller. Running the reactor using a small micojet pump with a microvalve and since my system is 120 gal I think the drip rate will be somewhere around 60~100 ml/min--meaning I don't think a peristaltic pump is necessary.

Does anyone see an issue with this?

Thanks,
-Ryan

RCA
01/28/2007, 06:20 PM
anyone?

...bump.

RCA
02/04/2007, 04:32 PM
I'll take a stab... at answering my own question. I ended up going forward using the controller. The drip rate and the reactor are running smoothly thus far--actually it's quite a bit like the "plug-and play" technique I had with my old MRC CR. It paid off to read this thread (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=397189). I have a separte pH monitor to measure the sump pH and it's reading about 7.85 (a bit low for my likings). I think that I will dose some kalk via my kalkwasser reactor, but I hope that I can get the balance of the pH to 8.0 by timing the reactor to be on 12 hours during the day starting at 2 pm and shutting off at 2 am (peak pH hours). I'll update with progress, but thus far this Schuran is incredible.

Thanks to all that helped me out...especially myself.:D