PDA

View Full Version : The coral banded bully .. how do i stop this tank take over

j007dreamer
01/27/2007, 11:27 PM
I just got a coral banded shrimp and he seems to be taking over everything.

I watched him for about 20 mins and seen him go after a emerald crab my hippo tang and my kole tang

and bit a CORAL !!!!! i always seen him the other day going after my cleaner shrimp ????

So i get his guy out of the tank... Are most coral banded shrimp as mean as this guy ???????

reefnetworth
01/27/2007, 11:46 PM
they are not reef safe for all those, and many other reasons. buy a trap or make one from a 20 oz. bottle.
John M :cool:

pugbreath13
01/27/2007, 11:47 PM
Mine was. Killed two peppermint shrimp and a clown goby before I took him back to the LFS.

UrbanSage
01/28/2007, 12:27 AM
I have had one for about a year and a half, he never bothers anyone. Hit and miss I guess :)

pepsicola
01/28/2007, 05:52 AM
How do you get a coral banded shrimp out with a 20 oz pop bottle? I've been trying to get mine out and can't seem to do it.

Thanks for any help.

euphoricgear
01/28/2007, 06:23 AM
mmm never had any problem with mine. my cousin has one and a damsel w yellow tail and the damsel f's with it a lot. it looks so funny on how the shrimp try to get him!

reefnetworth
01/28/2007, 12:50 PM
drill holes on the bottom for water to expell. about 5-10 holes, depending on diameter. cut the top off where its large enough for him to fit inside. drill a small hole in the side at the top, run fishing line through it and leave about 5 feet of it sticking out of the tank. place food, in the bottle bottom, when he enters it, jerk the string fast and the water flushes out the bottom and you have a captured shrimp. tie the bottle to something near the tank leaving him in the water until you can put him in a container to return him.
John M. :smokin: