PDA

View Full Version : Tank Setup Question

Meehan6587
01/28/2007, 03:22 PM
My 29 gallon oceanic biocube has been set up for 6 weeks now and is cycling at the moment. I had thought that this setup would be good for a pair of seahorses, but as I do more and more research, my doubts about sucessfully keeping seahorses in this 29g biocube are increasing. As far as the temperature goes, I can get my tank to stay at 72-75 degrees, but I believe there might be too much flow in the tank. My question is, Is this a bad set-up for a pair of seahorses and if so, what are the problems and are they fixable, and have people sucessfully kept seahorses in a similar set up?

fours2many
01/28/2007, 04:22 PM
I do not have the same set up as you, but can't you switch the pump that is on your cube for a maxijet 600? I have no idea how much flow is on one of the set ups you have. My cube came with a maxijet 900. It was to much power, so I went to a maxijet 400, it was too little flow, so now I have a maxijet 600 on. It seems ok.

Hope this helped.

Kristin

whatnot45
01/28/2007, 04:41 PM
Water flow is not that big a problem Its ok to have areas in your tank with a lot of flow, as long as there are other areas were your seahorses can retreat to without a lot. You can try aquascaping your tank so that there are slack water areas.