PDA

View Full Version : How many lion fish???

badjuju
01/28/2007, 08:20 PM
I am convereting my 75gal freah water tank to a salt water tank. Fish only since I have two other reef tanks. So mt question is, how many lion fish can I keep in a 75. I am not planning on getting them large, but will plan for growth. I was think about 2 meedium to large breeds and maybe 1 or 2 dwarf's. Any suggestions on this?

roadracer
01/28/2007, 10:56 PM
1 Volitans or Russelli's. 2 medium breed such as Antennata Lionfish or Radiata Lionfish. Dwarfs, Maybe 3 or 4. I wouldn't recomend mixing dwarfs with the larger breeds.

VolitanLioness
01/29/2007, 07:08 AM
You may want to take a look at the Lion Info sheet - http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-11/fm/feature/index.php

Kaye

FishyMel
01/30/2007, 08:29 AM
Generally, large breeds such as Volitins and Russells will eat the Dwarfs. I would go with two large lions of different species and colors. Start with them small. The convert better to frozen food if you get them as babies and they may tolerate each other better if they grow up together. BTW, Russells are my favorites because they swim constantly and are more interesting to look at because of their movement.