PDA

View Full Version : Caffeinated Clown

leena
01/28/2007, 09:56 PM
I hate water changes.

During a water change tonight we learned the great lesson of why, exactly, food and drink are not permitted in the fish room. Well, you might say, it makes sense. Of course no one would mistakenly want to drink fish, or worse – fish food. Imagine taking a swig of just fed artemia, complete with vibro. Sounds yummy, huh?

I understand that sometimes that request can be unreasonable. Take for example seven p.m. on Sunday night when Christmas Hazelnut Espresso and Booze in an elephant sized mug is the beverage of choice. Apparently the stand of choice for the beverage of choice is the oscellaris tank. Who knew?

As I quickly moved about the fish room, unaccustomed to the unnamed-by-request owner of the elephant sized mug, I was reminded of the fact that graceful I am not. The cup was discovered as it emptied contents, a glass lid, and light into the tank of poor Mrs. Oscellaris. Quickly Mr. I-HAD-an-elephant-sized-mug-filled-with-espresso-and-booze grabbed the light and hood dumping them, the hood of the tank next door, and the light of the tank next door INTO the tank next door. Oops.

There was shouting. A lot of it.

Finally all power cords were removed. Mrs. Oscellaris was swimming in her coffee colored haze. She tilted. She might have hiccuped. She would not have passed an APD checkpoint. I grabbed and tossed her into the display tank with Devil DamNsel and the Saddleback Pair. The saltwater/coffee/booze mix was dumped into the sewers of Albuquerque – be warned, mutant life forms may occur. I found a container and put it into the display, and……….. Mrs. Oscellaris darted into the cup, bubbling, “get me the heck outta here”. I swear the Saddle pair swaggered back to their anemone saying, “I kicked fin”.

Now, with everyone clean tanked, re-tanked, or just tanked, it’s about time to try that water change again…

usemore
01/28/2007, 11:21 PM
Hey Colleen,
(Laura here - just so you don't think Richard actually typed a response!)
Just had to drop you a not to let you know that thanks to Mrs. Oscellaris's misfortune I now have to go wash a load of laundry thanks to Richard spilling his drink on me while laughing too hard to keep it balanced!
Thanks for providing the evening's entertainment!

L

skyfireblaze
01/29/2007, 12:57 PM
Nicely done!

And my "congratulations" as well to Mr.-no-longer-owns-an-elephant-sized-mug-for-tainted-beverages and yourself.

:D

moonpower
01/29/2007, 01:50 PM
Great story! Thanks for sharing it!

tigersax7
01/29/2007, 07:10 PM
Mr. No-longer-owns-an-elephant-sized-mug-filled-with-coffee-and-cheer whishes he could have a cup of coffee now.