alzika
01/29/2007, 12:33 AM
Here's what I currently have in my tank:

2 True Perculas
1 Three Stripe Damsel
4 Small Hermits
10-15 snails
1 Skunk Cleaner shrimp

I also have about 30 pounds of live rock. My tank is a 29 gallon.

I plan on doing corals in a few months, but now I just want to add some fish.

Also, I have crushed coral substrate.

What fish should I add? I just love the lawnmower blenny...he looks so cool the way he darts back and forth and just sits on rocks, so would it be ok to add one of those? I want to know how many more fish I can add without overstocking.

oli5
01/29/2007, 02:49 AM
You can maybe add 1-2 more small fish. Maybe a bi-color pseudochromis or a firefish? Anyways good luck.

magdelan
01/29/2007, 03:11 AM
gobies and blennies are nice additions. you have to make sure that you have a good copepod population though!!!

nano7joy
01/29/2007, 03:29 AM
What about a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp...they make a nice pair and wouldn't add a lot to the bioload

alzika
01/29/2007, 11:38 AM
I was wondering about the shrimp and goby, but I have crushed coral substrate.

Is this ok?

alzika
01/29/2007, 01:30 PM
bump

petoonia
01/29/2007, 02:27 PM
I would get something that can withstand an aggresive damsel. Some damsels can become really territotial and aggresive. I would get a dottyback, and the shrimp and goby pair should be ok since they can hideout.

teetimefun
01/29/2007, 03:38 PM
I had a royal dottyback it was a terror not all are but mine was mean. Firefish can be jumpers though but if your tank is covered no problems. From your list bottom dwelling gobies and blennies would work and wouldn't cause problems. I have a watchman and a pistol pair but the LFS said coarse gravel/sand and some rubble would probably be the best for the shrimp. My scooter blenny (who eats mysis very important in small tanks) and my gobies are my favorite. They have personality and the only fish that ever picked on them was the bicolor.

nano7joy
01/29/2007, 07:08 PM
buy the shrimp first and that will spare a goby having to dig its own home, and if possible try and make a little bit of a starter cave for the shrimp up front before introduced and release it into it just may keep it up front where you can enjoy the pairs antics better