PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Aquarium Sources/Manufacturers?

Jeff Franzen
01/29/2007, 11:24 AM
Need your help. I'm going to do a 'room divider' tank - that is see through and visible from 3 sides. FOWLR.

I want the extra height - so looking at either 48x18/24x30high or perhaps 60x18/24x30 high.

I'd prefer a glass tank, but the darn All Glass tanks have the overflow smack dab in the middle. So, if you were looking at the 48" 'length' - its about 20 inches in from the end. That would constrict my viewing angle. They used to make the overflow in the corner - which would have been perfect - a 5" piece of trim would cover it and I'd still be left with 43" inches of viewing.

Perfecto may be an option but their site is under construction so I cant tell where the overflow is.

So, thinking about acrylic - since they can put the overflow right up against the back wall. When doing a google search, there is an ocean (pun intended) of acrylic players and a bunch more on ebay. Tenecor seems to be the cadillac.

Also, the tank will be FOWLR so not that concerned with flow. Should I care about the return and overflow being at one far corner of the tank?

Any other recommendations? I've seen anywher