PDA

View Full Version : Help picking a MH bulb and ballast

ncox38
01/29/2007, 09:33 PM
I am planning a 125 gallon reef tank and want to plan ahead for future growth. I am going to invest in MH right off the bat, but I am confused by all the PAR and CCT stuff. After looking over Sanjay's information all evening i am even more overwhelmed. I am thinking Icecap 250 watt electronic ballasts, and Phoenix 250 watt 14k DE lamps. I am not going to have any actinic supplementation, that is why I am looking at the 14k. I have read that these look really blue. I would prefer a crisp white with a hint of blue, and a decent PAR. Anyone have any experience with this? Or could you make a better suggestion?

Thanks

Radiography14
01/30/2007, 12:59 AM
i got my mh ballast from hellolights.com awesome company got my stuff 2 days early too. anytime during assembly if i had a ? about wiring i had an answer. it helps when the staff there has mh over their saltwater tanks.

ErikS
01/30/2007, 08:36 AM
I have read that these look really blue. I would prefer a crisp white with a hint of blue, and a decent PAR. Anyone have any experience with this? Or could you make a better suggestion?
Your description sums up Phoenix 14K's - white with a touch of blue.

A very old pic w/ the Phoenix - not as blue as the pic shows

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/EjEquip/NewFull2.jpg