PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Fin?

Michael Dell
01/30/2007, 12:42 AM
I recently purchased 4 Blue Tangs (Small). They had been doing fine and then this evening I noticed that that their fins have bubbled up? It is almost looks like their fins are inflated or that their fins have blisters. It happened to 3 of the 4. Any ideas what this might be, or what may be causing it?

I did a 20% water change, so I will keep an eye out to see if that helps at all.

I have a 60 gallon, primarily corals and inverts. The only other fish I have is 7 Green chromies and a copperband butterfly.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Hattie B
01/30/2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Michael,

Welcome to RC.

What color are the 'blisters'?

Are the fins actually swollen or do does it appear that they have something on them?

Michael Dell
01/30/2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Hattie.

The fins appear to be swollen. It does not look like something grew on the fins, but rather that the fins have air pockets in them.

never seen or heard about this.......so I am a bit curious, nervous, etc.

Thanks for your interest,
mike

Hattie B
01/30/2007, 01:18 PM
Hum, do you have a pic or can you get one?

I not only would like to see but I think that could help with identifying the problem.

so its like a bubble? No rotting or red areas or anything?

azdirttorpedo
01/30/2007, 03:37 PM
I saw these kind of blisters on yellow tangs recently received at the store I work at. I was told they were nitrogen bubbles caused by being collected from too high of a depth and not decompressing properly.