PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions - TWO CSS 220's on a 380g

jmccown
01/30/2007, 11:50 AM
Hey guys, I have a skimming question. I have a 380g FOWLR that has been up 3 months. It is lightly stocked right now and will probably remain a lightly stocked tank. Has about 200lbs of live rock and another 200 of base rock. I have been using the old CSS 220 from my previous 90g until I could afford to buy an ASM G4X. This past weekend I won another CSS 220 at our local reef club meet. This opens a new window. Now I pose the question would two CSS 220's be sufficient for a tank of this size. Understand that I believe that the CSS 220 is an awesome skimmer for what it is, really! I am getting about a half gallon of dark, frothy skim per week from the one skimmer. My sump is 75 gallons, 5' long. I could install a skimmer on each end of the sump and maybe it would skim good. Does anyone have an opinion on this, or has anyone used two skimmers on a large tank before. Need opinions. I think it is a no-brainer not to try it and see how it does, after all it was free and there's no loss involved other than time. Just wanted to see if anyone had ever troubled these waters before I do it.

Jason