PDA

View Full Version : Adding Moonlight to Teklight ?

xxxbadfishxxx
01/30/2007, 12:24 PM
anyone add moonlight to their TekLight fixture? if so please post pics, and how you did it.

thanks,

Jeff

xxxbadfishxxx
01/30/2007, 07:29 PM
anyone?

xxxbadfishxxx
02/01/2007, 05:09 PM
bump, i was thinking about getting these http://cgi.ebay.com/2-4-LED-Bar-Beam-Moonlight-Aquarium-Lighting-Power_W0QQitemZ110085881404QQihZ001QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and placing them inbetween the reflectors, i havent received the light yet, so im not positive on how much space there will be. What does everyone think?

jdellman
02/01/2007, 05:50 PM
Badfish- I don't know myself, but I was also wondering how I could get a moonlight on an Ultra Solaris, so I posted the same question and received this response from Heinmeister:

For moonlights, I have found that using computer parts is the easiest way. I use an 120vAC/12vDC converter for my 120x120x38mm cooling fans, and so simply wiring a $4 computer 'mod' of 3 LEDs from www.directron.com or some place like that is a simple way to add moonlights for cheap. The blue LED's are identical to those found on units like the Coralife, but for $4! This way, I could also use a different unit, like one with green LEDs or red ones, or a combo of a couple, to get the right 'look'. If you use a converter with a built in voltage control, you can this to vary the intensity as well to suit your tank. Or, you can use a simple computer rheobus/speed dial to control the intensity.

If you get what I mean, good. If you need more info or want pics, let me know and I can post pics.

Good luck.