PDA

View Full Version : Perfecto 65gal RR ???

labragg1
01/30/2007, 01:14 PM
Anybody know what kind of overflow setup Perfecto uses?
My LFS had a sale going on with one of his distributors and I was able to get a 65gal RR pretty reasonable.
Has a single corner overflow--but his catalog doesn't give any details on the overflow--what size drain and return, etc.
I also need to know what gph it will handle so I can match a return pump to it.

Anybody got any input?

thks

Pomacanthus Rex
01/30/2007, 02:49 PM
quoted directly from perfecto's pamphlet.

"corner-flo" aquariums, 65g 1 left rear corner overflow, 700 gph.

it does not mention the size of the plumbing, but i doubt itll be different from the standard 1" and 3/4" pairing.

send them an email and get confirmation @ marineland.com

a few things to consider about flow.

1. if you want, you could dremel the "teeth" to get more input.

however,

2. usually, lower flow is preferred:
a. due to increased contact time in refuge,skimmer, etc
b. lower flow also allows for a quieter sump/overflow

good luck

ps make sure you like the look of the perfectos stans compared to others. they have 2 different styles, and the cheaper one (non deluxe) has a lip that only cover part of the tank frame, compared to the deluxe that hides the entire frame as with the aga modern series.

labragg1
01/30/2007, 03:41 PM
Pomacanthus Rex--thanks for the input!!! I'm not worried about the stand as I'm custom building my own. :)
I was just trying to determine what pump to use.
I was wanting to use a OceanRunner 3500 which is rated for 650gph--so I'm thinking that will work. I could always throttle it down some if it's too much.
Thanks again.

Pomacanthus Rex
01/30/2007, 07:20 PM
fwiw, im using the oceanrunner 2500 for my 65, and have nothing but good things to say.

it was larger than i thought it would be (my eheim is much smaller) but it is very quiet and doesnt put out any noticeable heat.

oh, not sure if it was a typo, but you said the 3500 is rated at 650, thats actually the 2500. the 3500 is rated at 900gph. just a bot more flow for almost twice the wattage (38w v 65w).

labragg1
01/30/2007, 08:14 PM
Yeh--I meant the 2500. :)
Thanks for the input!

Pomacanthus Rex
01/30/2007, 10:21 PM
no prob :thumbsup: