PDA

View Full Version : possible lps problem???

baldbloke
01/30/2007, 01:53 PM
hi all, have noticed over the last few days that the majority of my lps, mainly euphillias all have open mouths? these are normally tightly shut, i have one hammer colony which started as 3 heads and is now 13, one head has his mouth open and some of his gut is quite exposed? all euphillias are still expanding fine but i cant understand why the mouths are open, something tells me somethings not right some where, my params are as follows;
ph 8.1-8.3
mag 1370,
ca 390,
alk 8.2,
p04 0 (merc)
nitrate 0 (salifert)
i dont think its related but this coincides with me adding pottasium for my sps which the level was reading 280, so have been adding 4 ml per day of korallin zuct k balance, the only other thing i have done different is increased water changes, i have a 125gal system and have been changing 5 gal every other day, i'm wondering if i should lay off the water changes and do one good one per month? other than that all else seems ok? any one else come across this problem? thanks.

roader247
01/30/2007, 03:41 PM
I'm no expert but I would raise your calcium to around 420 Good Luck

dendro982
02/02/2007, 01:26 AM
Mine did the same for a few weeks, when were moved to another tank, slightly different conditions. Adaptation, I guess.

LPS in general reacted this way on rapid changes in salinity, temperature, pH and alkalinity, low light, toxins in the water.
Later all was OK (except toxins - in case of tank crash should be moved to another tank or bowl).