PDA

View Full Version : best brands of RO/DI filters ??

saycheessee
01/30/2007, 06:03 PM
In your opinon... what is the best RO/DI filter that you should buy for Saltwater tanks. What are the prices etc?

Price vs Quality
and then Quality VS Price

boxfishpooalot
01/30/2007, 06:13 PM
Dont buy over seas manufactured ro units. They will be hard to find replacment memebranes that fit. But one made in the usa.

RO/DI is mostly as good as the membrane used, not the maker of the ro di. Ro membranes do not remove 100% so make sure to get the di wich brings it to 100%

AZDesertRat
01/30/2007, 06:28 PM
www.spectrapure.com MaxCap RO/DI
They are not the cheapest by far but nothing equals it for water quality, life of filters and life of DI resin. Years of research have gone into its development and believe it or not they are coming out with a newer better version in about a month. If you are not in a hurry you might want to check it out. I was lucky enough to be invited for a look see at the new unit a couple of weeks ago and it really piqued my interest. I think people are in for a big surprise.
Others you may want to consider that are also sponsors of Reef Central are www.purelyh2o.com , www.thefilterguys.biz and www.buckeyefieldsupply.com .