PDA

View Full Version : anyone keeping a carnation?

lechee12
01/30/2007, 10:53 PM
just wonder anyone here keeping a carnation (Dendronephthya)? just wanted to hear your experiences and what you feed it, etc. Whats a better food for them? DT's oyster eggs, rotifest, live baby brine shrimps, etc?

Palani
01/31/2007, 01:26 AM
Howzit, I've got a couple of small frags of carnation corals. One completely orange and one that's red and white. I'm new at carnations and I've setup a small non-phyotosynthetic tank with those and a small colony of sun polyps. Right now I'm feeding them phyto, but I don't know if that's what they eat. I've also tried feeding them a corlaboration of forzen baby brine, rotifers, cyclops, and plankton. I've just started three cultures of nanno, iso., and tetra. so I can start feeding them to some rotifers. I'm currently trying to find the best flow for them in cm or in/sec. But no one's chimed in. I'll start looking around, but I'm busy for the time being.

eholceker
02/01/2007, 02:51 PM
Palani,
Give Mike Janes at aquatouch a call. he will steer you in the right direction as he is doing research on keeping carnations alive.