PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Suggestions?

NWJayhawk
01/30/2007, 11:39 PM
Just moved up to 90 gallon, FOWLR (but a couple mushrooms and zoanthids, so not entirely FO....) Anyway, time to upgrade skimmers. Due to limited inlet space in my DIY 20L sump/refugium, I have 3 options, the way I see it. 1. Remora Urchin Pro. Will fit in sump easily, but worried about effectiveness of skimming the size of tank/potential bioload. 2. Aqua C EV120. Will have to set up outside of the sump, and raising to the level necessary for the outlet from the skimmer to gravity feed to the sump might cause a problem with clearance under the display tank. Have heard varying performance feedback, but really like my current Remora and the spray injection. 3. Bubblemaster 150. Will fit inside the sump and have heard great things about performance. But the pricetag is a little more than I wanted to spend ... is it worth the extra $$$?
Hoping for feedback. Footprints of virtually every other skimmer I've looked at are just too big to fit in my little sump inlet area. Thanks in advance.

UCanDoIt
01/31/2007, 01:58 AM
I would stay away from AquaC as there's mixed reviews on them. I've owned 4 different AquaC skimmers and even the 2 Remora Pros did not perform the same. One did OK with the Mag3 pump, the other didn't do anything and needed a Mag5. Noisy as heck, no matter what I did to quiet it.