PDA

View Full Version : 400w m59 ballast with 10k Xm's

Creetin
01/31/2007, 06:17 AM
Tell me why no other DE bulb can even come close to touch this 178 ppfd on this ballast?
I love the crisp white from it, But its hard to mix blues into it because it overpowers it and washes it out. I would need 4-6 130 watt super actinics to achive the look i want.
The xm 20k's forget about it, Too blue.
I am getting a blue wave 3 setup and 14k phoenix bulbs ran in stealth reflectors. But at 80 something ppfd is not very impressive with the amt of watts its pulling i would think that it would be slightly brigher and more comp to a 400watter since its pulling almost as much. I know reflectors are a variable, But i look forward to running this setup to see if its cracked up to be.
All i hear is phoenix this and phoenix that. I seen some tanks running with them and i am impressed with color, so i will be looking to see if i should stick to the SE's or go with the or DE's or a hybrid of them both. Maybe 2 and 2. phase the 10k's in and out during peak day times of 12-3. Dunno yet.

If you had both tell me which you liked better, and if you could do it all over what would you do.
TIA
BTW Sunlight supply ballasts are going up considerably after the 8th, So if youre on the fence make up your mind.