PDA

View Full Version : Green tip Anemone

msblk
01/31/2007, 06:29 AM
Just bought a real nice green tip bubble anemone,after placing him in a good location,but at night he decides to crawl and settle into a small crevice with not as much light, is this normal for these guys to do

adam82
01/31/2007, 11:11 AM
i dont have an answer for but i have the sme problem so im gonna tag along

ajcut7
01/31/2007, 12:44 PM
Mine do the same, and mine are healthy as far as I can tell, I have 4 of them, started with three one split a few weeks ago and they are all eating and growing well. So I would not be stressed as long as they seem healthy otherwise. just one of the more mobile anemones from what I have learned.

clayspst
01/31/2007, 12:46 PM
He will move to some where new if he doesn't like it. my GBTA moved around for 2 weeks until he found a home

adam82
01/31/2007, 01:07 PM
what do you feed them.

gflat65
01/31/2007, 01:32 PM
Yup. They'll move until they are happy, then they generally stay put. Clones seem to wander more than the mothers. ONce my mothers find a spot, they stay there unless something changes (flow, lighting, etc.).

I don't feed mine any more (can't handle all the cloning-too many BTA's;)), but when I did, I fed krill. The normal quantity and frequency was 1-2 once a week. To get them to split, I'd increase feedings (after they were used to less feedings) to 3-4 several times a week and within 12 days I always got a split. I think my clown fed one recently and it split... Once they start, they can get out of control. Stress can also make them split (survival kicks in).

adam82
01/31/2007, 01:37 PM
cool. thanks i just might have to try that.

ajcut7
01/31/2007, 01:53 PM
Yea I feed krill and if I have leftover mysis or reef food from the fish I will squirt some into the anemones, mine typically stay in the same place during the day then go into the rocks at night to rest. I will have to start trading them with other reefers though if they keep splitting.

Jeff
01/31/2007, 01:58 PM
It will settle down after it finds a nice home. BTW, you posted in the Soft Coral Keepers forum. I pray you dont consider it a soft coral :(