PDA

View Full Version : SPS and Skimmer

Henry Bowman
01/31/2007, 11:45 AM
I posted this Q on the SPS forum due to my desire to set up a SPS dominant tank. However..... This is a skimmer question. I apologize if this is the wrong forum for the Q. I am sure a moderator will move it if necessary.

To make a long story short(er) I am setting up a SPS dominant tank and when I started gathering equip I was thinking of going with a 75 gl tank and ended up with a 90. My sump will hold aprox 20 gl of water, poss 30. I bought a Euroreef 80 skimmer. I am concerned that the ER 80 is not enough skimmer to run a bb SPS tank.

Due to size in the sump and under the stand I am somewhat restricted in my choices. I have looked at Deltec MRC 600 to (add?) as a second skimmer. Then I started looking at Tunze DOC skimmers also to add as a 2nd skimmer...

I am curious to the members opinions regarding the following.

Can I run 2 skimmers effectively. IE add a Tunze DOC skimmer?

Should I sell the ER and get a skimmer rated for a larger tank?

What skimmer would you go with?

Any opinions and or experiences would be appreciated.

THX

Serioussnaps
01/31/2007, 05:25 PM
You can run 2 skimmers, I even see people with stunning tanks that do this not out of the situation dictated it, but based on their philosophy.

That said, the one deciding factor would be how much money you are looking to spend on a skimmer(s) for this particular tank.