PDA

View Full Version : ID and info on Skimmer please

returnofsid
01/31/2007, 08:53 PM
At least I think it's a skimmer...lol. This skimmer came with the purchase of a 75 gallon tank, stand and misc. I'll do my best to describe it...lol. It stands a total of 20 1/2" tall and is 4" in diameter. It seems to have 1 inlet and 1 outlet. The outlet has some kind of "adjustment screw" or something in it. Hmmm, the collection cup actually threads into the unit. There's an inner tube that's about 3" in diameter...maybe a bit less. The bottom half of this inner piece has bio-balls in it. It's a HOB unit. I'm looking for info on brand, specs, what pump should be used with it. If I need to add air...everything I can find...lol. The only skimmers I'm familiar with are Remoras and Sea Clone. I have absolutely no idea what kind this is, if I should use it or if I should just toss it...lol. Any info would be wonderful!!

Here's a link to some pics.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j210/returnofsid/

The first pic is of the lower area with bioballs. It's kinda hard to see in the pic.

casingbill
01/31/2007, 09:04 PM
that is obviously some type of black market nuclear device.....

returnofsid
01/31/2007, 09:06 PM
Hmmm, quite possibly. What do you think I could get for it on Ebay? lol I'll sell it in the WMD area...ya know...where they sell nuclear submarines....lol.