PDA

View Full Version : Pseudochromis and wrasses

cgh38
01/31/2007, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Mystery Wrasse for my Reeftank wich includes a Strawberry Pseudochromis are they compatible or not?
Thanks.

rodd1rj
01/31/2007, 11:18 PM
I added a mystery wrasse to my 110 with a purple already in the tank. The wrasse was small and had a long trip so once the pseudo starting pick on it, the pseudo went into the sump. I gave it one more chance and they still didnt get along. I loved my mystery wrasse great fish....purple pseudo was the devil it even picked on a school of chromis.

Scottkelly911
02/01/2007, 12:54 AM
yeah I would totally stay away from mixing any Flashers or Fairy wrasses and Pseudo's. Either catch your strawberry Pseudo and bring him to the LFS or put him in another tank if you want to keep a Mystery wrasse. With a 110, you MIGHT be able to do it if yo've got a lot of rockwork, but the mystery wrasse should have been added first if you were going to try it. But, a Mystery wrasse is a pretty expensive fish to just give it a shot. Honestly, they shouldn't be mixed in anything but a VERY large home aquarium like a 240 or larger with plenty of rockwork. I know they're both small fish, but Psuedo's are extremely aggressive and territorial. Maybe others have had success and will share their experiences. In my 12 gallon Nano I used to have a Neon Pseudo with a Red Sea blue 4 Line wrasse and they coexisted very well, however the 4 line is a much more aggressive type of wrasse than a mystery, so it's pretty much apples to oranges.

zemuron114
02/01/2007, 01:48 AM
big mystery added first will work out. mysteries will get an attitude over time and they get much larger then your pseudo will. in a 110 you should be fine. take out pseudo, add mystery then re add pseudo later.

BTTRFLYGRL
02/01/2007, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't put these fish together

siding88
02/01/2007, 07:28 AM
ive got an australian pseuodo and a mystery wrasse no probs here

calaban
02/01/2007, 09:16 AM
I've got a mystery wrasse in my 75 gallon with an indigo dottyback, and it chases the dottyback occasionally. You probably would be fine but would have added the mystery wrasse first.

MJinMN
02/01/2007, 10:03 AM
If the pseudo was another type, would answers be different? For example, I've heard that fridimani is a lot tamer than the strawberry, would one of those be more compatible with wrasses, or is there still likely to be an issue?

cgh38
02/01/2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone! there's no way I can net the pseudo or any other fish for that matter, maybe my chromis when they're being fed, all the others dissapear behind and in between the rocks as soon as I touch the water with the net. Is there a fish trap available? it will be nice to put the pseudo in the refugium for awhile, I love the fish but I should've put him last.