PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica "Freezing/Locking up"

Psyire
01/31/2007, 11:31 PM
Can everyone who has experienced this, please post something in this thread. This seems to be a serious problem that is not limited to just 1 or 2 people. There are a handful of us out there with this problem.

So far I've found that if I disconnect the controller from the powerbar and then the battery from the controller, I can get it to come back to life. (after reconnecting the battery and powerbar ofcourse)

Mine seemed to be related to the ethernet module but now I'm not so sure. Has anyone else seen the 'undefined device' message pop up? If I remove the ethernet module physically and then select 'disconnect' from the software menu, I seem to get a blinking question mark with the 'undefined device' error pop up randomly. There is no way to get rid of it other than to reinstall the ethernet module. Ofcourse I'm unsure if this pertains to the 'freezing/locking up' problem, but it is a problem never the less.

ik2vov
02/01/2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Psyire,

if you have this "feezing" problem, please contact your dealer and ask for a free rapid substitution.

Bye

RobbyG
02/01/2007, 10:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9132057#post9132057 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ik2vov
Hi Psyire,

if you have this "feezing" problem, please contact your dealer and ask for a free rapid substitution.

Bye

Is this some sort of known problem caused by the Ethernet or something else? I have not had the problem but I would like to know more about what might trigger it.

yettihead
02/01/2007, 05:38 PM
I had the controller freeze on me also, but only once. I had too wat 12 hours for the battery to discharge since I did not want to void my warrenty. Everything was fine once I plugged the controller back into the power bar. If we need to exchange these let me know as this is controlling my tank and I travel a lot.

Thanks,
Chad

ik2vov
02/02/2007, 03:50 AM
Robert, we have to understand the reason of this "freezing" problem, so Aquatronica decided to excange this units.

Bye

derek
02/19/2007, 08:35 AM
I am not sure I am seeing what you are, but 2 of the last 3 mornings when I have checked the tank the controller is "stuck" on the pH screen and the heaters are locked on. Fortunately for me the chiller has it's own controller so it is cycling on to keep the temperature from going too high.

I turn the power off to the controller and it seemed to fix the problem, but then it happened again last night.

Any ideas what I should do to fix the problem? I have been using the unit for about 1 year.

I don't have the ethernet module and there isn't an error message displayed.

Thank you for your help.

Derek

RobbyG
02/19/2007, 12:05 PM
Sounds like the same exact problem. You should contact Aquatronica ([email protected].com) and the Dealer who sold you the unit ASAP. This problem seems to get worst over time.

derek
02/19/2007, 04:06 PM
Thank you I will email them.

Aquarium Obsessed
02/21/2007, 08:27 AM
Hey Everyone,

To all those that received new main units please ship back the defective ones to us ASAP. We need to return them to Aquatronica right away.

thanks,
AO

kwgozy
02/21/2007, 09:41 PM
What is the time frame on this recall of units? I bought mine in a group buy from AO, but has been awhile. I have never had my unit hooked, just bought it because the deal was to good to pass up. Thanks

Kyle

RobbyG
02/22/2007, 10:37 AM
Most units are not having any problems, it is just a handful of them that have died. It would seem that it is either a faulty batch or something to do with the Recent software upgrade and how you have the unit programmed. This is just a guess on my part but I cant think of any other reason why these 5 units have all started having problems at roughly the same time and yet most people remain unaffected.
I really hope AQ puts out some info on this soon.

Untamed12
02/22/2007, 11:16 PM
I got mine on that same group buy and have had no problems whatsoever.

kwgozy
02/23/2007, 08:12 AM
I have just always worried about being able get anything replaced if there would be a problem. I have been setting up and planning my tank for about two years now. I have just been buying I piece at a time. I bought the controller because of the great deal on the group buy and like I said I have never have had it hooked up. I plugged it in when I recieved the unit just to make sure it would power up, past that nothing. Does anyone see any problems with this? Oh yea the only other thing I have done installed the software on my computer which I have not updated since. Thanks

Kyle

derek
02/23/2007, 09:10 AM
I contacted Aquatronica and AO and a replacement is on the way. They have been very prompt to respond and ship out the controller. As soon as I receive it I will ship the old one back.

I installed the latest bios when I set up the controller almost a year ago, but I don't think I updated it after that. It was working and doing what I wanted, so I didn't bother.

Derek

Psyire
02/24/2007, 12:49 AM
derek, you weren't running firmware version 3.0?