PDA

View Full Version : anyone have reeflux 12k de's?

BlueStag
02/01/2007, 01:05 AM
Well it's bulb shopping time again. Everything I've read about reeflux has to do with the 250 se and 400's. All most all good reviews too. I've only found one comment on the DE's. And that was a negative comment on the 10k's. The threads I've read kept getting sidetracked and jumped from bulb to bulb. No help to the DE user.

Anyone have experience with the 12k 250 DE's? Or the 10k 250 DE's? There is more than enough info out there on the SE's. Let's keep this one on track with the DE's.

I currently use Phoenix 14k and like them, but will consider the Reeflux if their DE version is anything like the SE's.

BlueStag
02/02/2007, 01:16 AM
No comments on this bulb at all? Someone has to be using them.

ErikS
02/02/2007, 07:59 AM
I've used them, pretty decent bulbs. They were sliightly less blue than the Phoenix (that's a DUH, right :lol:). I didn't really notice any significant changes in the tank - no increase in growth. Also didn't notice any negatives either. I did have issues with the bulbs & the OceanLight pendants, they started to arc after a few months. Seems to me I've read they don't really like to be fired on mag ballasts, electronic is preferred.

BlueStag
02/02/2007, 09:48 PM
Does the DE bulb get the good spikes in the purple blue range? Like the SE bulb.