PDA

View Full Version : Top off controller

Michael Mota
02/01/2007, 10:07 AM
I am thinking of buying this controller for my top off.
http://www.oceanussystems.com/products/atlas.html
This has to be one of the most complete top offs i have ever seen with a lot of features and the price seems OK to me. So my question is does any one use these? Are they quality made controllers? How is the customer service? Any info you guys and gals can offer is appreciated. I was going to build my own top off system but at this price I think it is not worth building it.

any info please let me know
thanks

crumbletop
02/01/2007, 10:34 AM
The tunze osmolator is a bit cheaper (~$170) and is a very solid system.

baja_hammer2003
02/01/2007, 10:44 AM
I have a oceanus and love the thing i seen on there website that they are coming out with a pro series you might want to check that out i will be getting another soon had a tunze got rid of it and got a oceanus does alot more very well made.

Siberia
02/01/2007, 12:38 PM
I supposed it would be OK, but I like my electronic TOC better. I built it myself, it is customized, costed me a lot less than what they ask for your suggestion. Additionally, it has been working flawlessly for about a year now.

;)

Michael Mota
02/01/2007, 01:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9132099#post9132099 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crumbletop
The tunze osmolator is a bit cheaper (~$170) and is a very solid system.
doesn't that system use a pump? I will be tapping right in to my r/o with a solenoid.

Michael Mota
02/01/2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks to all for the comments, any one else have any suggestions? I think I may purchase this item and be done with it. I was going to build my own but for the price of the items I need and the time to build it not to mention I just lost my thumb so I am very limited on what I can do. I think this is the way to go and I like all the features this has.
I am willing to hear any one else's opinions or suggestions

crumbletop
02/01/2007, 01:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9133496#post9133496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michael Mota
doesn't that system use a pump? I will be tapping right in to my r/o with a solenoid.

Yes, it uses a pump. Tapping directly into the RO/DI is a mistake, IMO, as it only needs to fail once and you'll end up with a fresh water tank. If you feed from a limited reservoir with a pump, the amount of damage is limited to the amount of water in the reservoir...

Michael Mota
02/01/2007, 02:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9133585#post9133585 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crumbletop
Yes, it uses a pump. Tapping directly into the RO/DI is a mistake, IMO, as it only needs to fail once and you'll end up with a fresh water tank. If you feed from a limited reservoir with a pump, the amount of damage is limited to the amount of water in the reservoir...
I have been running my 90 like this for 4 years and never an issue. Now I am not saying it won't happen but what I do is replace the solenoid every 1-1.5 years to make sure it works OK whether I need to or not. I really hate to carry water and what not.
I can say one thing with this hobby theres so much that can go wrong its not even funny. But i do thank you for the advice cause I am sure it may be helpful to others as well.

crumbletop
02/01/2007, 02:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9133688#post9133688 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michael Mota
I have been running my 90 like this for 4 years and never an issue. Now I am not saying it won't happen but what I do is replace the solenoid every 1-1.5 years to make sure it works OK whether I need to or not. I really hate to carry water and what not.
I can say one thing with this hobby theres so much that can go wrong its not even funny. But i do thank you for the advice cause I am sure it may be helpful to others as well.

I hear you. I have my topoff bucket set to fill by flipping a valve. I hate carrying water too :)

Aqua Keepers
02/01/2007, 10:55 PM
Can you use a pump and reservoir with the oceanus? I like all it's bells, wistles, and warning doo hickies. Does the tunze osmolator offer this stuff? I have only used a very simple top off before. I think it was a float switch, a silinoid, and a maxi1200.

Michael Mota
02/01/2007, 11:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9138186#post9138186 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pito
Can you use a pump and reservoir with the oceanus? I like all it's bells, wistles, and warning doo hickies. Does the tunze osmolator offer this stuff? I have only used a very simple top off before. I think it was a float switch, a silinoid, and a maxi1200.
Hey Pito there is different models for different applications. Go to the site and look over the differences for each. I too think they are good quality and have many features that I like too but I will have to wait till I get it in hand and test it out before I can critique the product. I just wish I could hear from more people who are using these.

JohnnyM2
02/01/2007, 11:44 PM
I have been researching ATOs for a week and almost bought the Tunze when I saw a review on RC Reviews of the Oceanus Systems ATO. I called Steve at OS and he told me the systems currently shown on the website are all changing to much slicker models (The Pro Series baja_hammer mentioned. The website will be updated within about 2 weeks. Strongly suggest you call Steve and speak with him. As for durability and service, I can't tell you but look at the reviews on his web site. Many are from RC members.

Michael Mota
02/02/2007, 10:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9138545#post9138545 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JohnnyM2
I have been researching ATOs for a week and almost bought the Tunze when I saw a review on RC Reviews of the Oceanus Systems ATO. I called Steve at OS and he told me the systems currently shown on the website are all changing to much slicker models (The Pro Series baja_hammer mentioned. The website will be updated within about 2 weeks. Strongly suggest you call Steve and speak with him. As for durability and service, I can't tell you but look at the reviews on his web site. Many are from RC members.
Thanks!! Some good info. I will do that when I get ready to order one. I will talk to Steeve first and see what is in the works. Again thanks for the great info.

David Grigor
02/02/2007, 11:50 AM
Any system that is based solely on water levels has some potential issues in worst case scenerios and should be combined with one or both of the below:

1. A time based solution such as pump can only run X amount of minute per day or dosing pump where it is only capable of X amount of water per day.

2. Limited size container of top off water.

So that if water level was lowered because of another issue, skimmer overflow, overflow clogging, plumbing issue of some sort, sump leak etc, that something limits that amount of water added.

Great to account for water high levels with additional float switches but must also have a plan for low levels too. Granted some of the above cases are going to pose serious issues but you don't snowball and add more issues.

Regardless how many redundant feature you have in place, common sense tells me never to have an endless supply of water when tied directly to your ro/di. Risk may be low but the potential is still there......

Michael Mota
02/02/2007, 12:37 PM
why is it that people are so afraid of having a constant supply of water to a tank? heck our homes have a constant supply and if something goes wrong then you have a great disaster. so lets all get a bucket and supply our homes with it. :) lol heck if the insulation in my oil fired burner quits then i could potentially burn the house down. oh and if the tank seal lets go i could have a tidal wave of 125 gals. Sorry for posting like this but i for one do not understand this line of thinking. i think thats why you should always have some type of safety. i for one have a water alarm in the stand and if the line should leak i get minute amount of water over a long time versus a large amount of water in a short time. someone is always home here. i think i am more worried about my kids hitting the tank and cracking a glass pane than anything else. i want you to know i do appreciate the info and i do agree if you do not take the proper precautions and do the set up correctly then you will run into problems. kinda like building a home.
thanks
mike

David Grigor
02/02/2007, 01:47 PM
I'm not concerned about water on the floor. I'm concerned about salinity issues and the loss of life. A solenoid failure on an icemaker isn't going to be fun and a mess to clean up but your likely not going to kill anything either.

Cracking a tank at the lowest point sure, it's a goner for sure. A crack in the up 25% of tank, it doesn't have to be a total loss. A crack in the sump doesn't have to be a total loss. When relying solely on water level though the chances go up greatly when combined with endless supply of water. Murhphy's law say it's going to happen when nobody is around to see it. A weekend get away, spending Christmas across town, just left for work etc.

A buddy had ro/di line feed to the tank that ended up with a freshwater tank. There could have been some easy things in place to prevent. Common sense tells me its a bad idea regardless what redundancy you put in place and the likely hood or not.

If that's the way you want to roll with it, obvious nobody is going to stop you. However, just plan well and understand the risk. Obviously noone can cover the bases for all scenerios. You'd be surprised how many people just slap a float switch on the tank and don't really think of the things that could go wrong until it's too late.

crumbletop
02/02/2007, 02:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9141923#post9141923 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michael Mota
why is it that people are so afraid of having a constant supply of water to a tank?

Because a failed topoff <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423675" target=_blank>crashes</a> ... <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=310898" target=_blank>peoples</a> ... <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=895918" target=_blank>tanks</a>. You can do whatever you want -- but that is why people are afraid :)

JohnnyM2
02/02/2007, 11:29 PM
These are good points about overloading a tank with fresh RO/DI water. The new Oceanus Pro Series is supposed to have a time limit on the "on" time. I don't know yet how that is going to be implemented, but I will only have a limited reservoir anyway (about 7 gals on a 100 gal system). For people hooking up directly to an RO/DI with, say, 100gpd output, It would be nice to be able to limit the total "on" time for a 24 hour period. Most of us know roughly how much we lose to evaporation on a daily basis. If ist 1 gal, for example, it would be nice to be able to limit the top off "on" time to yield, say, 1.5 or 2 gpd. It wouldn't solve every problem but would be a nice option.

Michael Mota
02/02/2007, 11:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9142514#post9142514 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by David Grigor
I'm not concerned about water on the floor. I'm concerned about salinity issues and the loss of life. A solenoid failure on an icemaker isn't going to be fun and a mess to clean up but your likely not going to kill anything either.

Cracking a tank at the lowest point sure, it's a goner for sure. A crack in the up 25% of tank, it doesn't have to be a total loss. A crack in the sump doesn't have to be a total loss. When relying solely on water level though the chances go up greatly when combined with endless supply of water. Murhphy's law say it's going to happen when nobody is around to see it. A weekend get away, spending Christmas across town, just left for work etc.

A buddy had ro/di line feed to the tank that ended up with a freshwater tank. There could have been some easy things in place to prevent. Common sense tells me its a bad idea regardless what redundancy you put in place and the likely hood or not.

If that's the way you want to roll with it, obvious nobody is going to stop you. However, just plan well and understand the risk. Obviously noone can cover the bases for all scenerios. You'd be surprised how many people just slap a float switch on the tank and don't really think of the things that could go wrong until it's too late.
hey david good point! i didn't think of that. thanks for the heads up i may have to consider a change. in the top off system. seriously i think i may be able to put a tank for top off now that i decided against having a surge device. i do have the space for it. again thanks for brining this up.
mike
p.s. i was trying to be funny but i guess i wrote it wrong, please don't take it the wrong way.

Michael Mota
02/02/2007, 11:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9143059#post9143059 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crumbletop
Because a failed topoff <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423675" target=_blank>crashes</a> ... <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=310898" target=_blank>peoples</a> ... <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=895918" target=_blank>tanks</a>. You can do whatever you want -- but that is why people are afraid :)
thats not the only thing,lol all good points
thanks guys

oceanus_systems
02/03/2007, 06:26 AM
This is a quick break down on how the pro series poseidon works it has a adjustable 1-6 hour timer on the top off circuit you set the timer say for 3 hours it will have to see a constant need for the amount of time set before activating the top off circuit this will prolong the life of your ro/di by not coming on as often and give your ro membrane a good flush this will lower your tds readings by letting your ro/di work like it was made to do run longer. The second is it has a 15 min timer on the pump protection circuit this works like this if you have a low water condition it will wait for 15 minutes before checking to see if water conditions are back to normal before starting pumps back up. Third is a set of dry contacts to plug you aqua controller etc into to give a signal of a high or low water condition (alarm) you can set up to page or call you depending on your controller you use. Forth is they have dual large stainless solenoids that have 3.5mm orfice`s You can test each solenoid for redundancy and leaks there is a test button for 1st solenoid and a valve for the 2nd solenoid. Fifth is a manuel fill button great for filling water change containers. Thank you Oceanus Systems

crumbletop
02/03/2007, 07:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9147143#post9147143 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michael Mota
seriously i think i may be able to put a tank for top off now that i decided against having a surge device. i do have the space for it.

I assume you'll also be able to run an RO/DI line to where the topoff reservoir will be. This is how I ran my tubing to avoid having to carry water. Every 5 days or so, I turn on the ball valve to fill up the reservoir. I think this gives the best of both worlds -- safety from a limited reservoir, and hook up to the RO/DI unit so I don't have to carry any water. The top reservoir in the picture is my topoff reservoir. The bottom one is my normal RO/DI storage for mix up water, etc. The float valves keep them from overflowing.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/303/303448/folders/247534/2000434RODI.jpg

crumbletop
02/03/2007, 07:12 AM
Something else to consider: an advantage to running a pump to push the topoff is that it can feed a kalk reactor. I did a DIY kalk reactor and the pumped RO/DI stirs the kalk. Because of the optical sensor, the osmolator only puts a few oz of water in at a time, which works really well for dosing kalk.

oceanus_systems
02/03/2007, 07:24 AM
Hello you could get rid of the top off container free up some space. And hook direct to your ro/di for top off. Then when you want to fill a storage container just remove or add another float assembly to fill your water change container. you could keep the tee with a shut off valve. We also use a geo kalkwasser hooked up to a top off controller to our reef system.

crumbletop
02/03/2007, 07:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9148090#post9148090 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by oceanus_systems
Hello you could get rid of the top off container free up some space. And hook direct to your ro/di for top off. Then when you want to fill a storage container just remove or add another float assembly to fill your water change container. you could keep the tee with a shut off valve. We also use a geo kalkwasser hooked up to a top off controller to our reef system.

Sure you could run the topoff directly from the RO/DI. That is what the bulk of the conversation has been about. The whole point about the discussion above was _not_ hooking directly to the ro/di.

baja_hammer2003
02/03/2007, 07:51 AM
crumble alot of us do not have the room for a top off container the only option we have is to go direct from a ro/di i had a tunze and got rid of it the wife did not like the 5 gallon bucket sitting in her living room.

crumbletop
02/03/2007, 07:58 AM
And the guy above mentioned he likely had room for one, so I showed how I had mine configured. In the end it is just an option. Nothing says you _have_ to do it one way or another. You go with what makes the most sense for your setup. If one has the option of using a reservoir, it is a much safer setup than a direct line to an unlimited water supply. That doesn't mean the direct hookup will fail, just that if it does it could cause a much bigger problem.

baja_hammer2003
02/03/2007, 08:09 AM
Yes there is alot of options out there it comes down to what works best for you.

Michael Mota
02/03/2007, 01:06 PM
great info!!

JohnnyM2
02/03/2007, 09:22 PM
This comment is directed to Oceanus Systems. I like your products and have recently purchased one. It is becoming more and more my impression that you like to top off directly from the RO/DI system and many of your units are geared to this application. I hope, however, that you will appreciate how many of us either have some concerns about the risks of doing this or, in my case for example, don't have the option of doing it. Are you designing models for us? Additionally, one thing I like about one of your systems is the ability to switch off return pumps in the event the main tank is about to overflow. Ideally, the top off system will incorporate protection against floods. No system can protect against everything and I don't expect it to.

oceanus_systems
02/03/2007, 10:24 PM
Hello we are making things better and better we will still carry are complete line up of top off`s that use a reservoir and a pump it will be a standard in those models to have 15 minute timers on both the top off circuit and the pump protection circuit. plus many other feature`s. We have many top off`s that will fit every bodys needs. Also look for the the alantis pro coming soon with all the bells and whistles of the atlas pro but without the solenoids.
Thank you Oceanus Systems

paulfromero
02/03/2007, 11:42 PM
Hi,

Do we need to worry about direct line top offs if we only use a 10gpd RO on a 300gal system? In other words, do RO membranes fail, causeing a runaway flow? Now, back to my drink.....

Paul

oceanus_systems
02/04/2007, 07:18 AM
Hello if you use a direct line top off (solenoid) coming from your ro/di is fine as long as you have at least 2 fail safe`s in every componet 2 floats, redundancy in the circuit and 2 solenoids you will be safe for both to fail at the exact same time would be very very remote. the answer to your second question is no if your ro membrane fails it is due several factors most case`s it is clogged and you did not give it enough run time to flush the membrane most ro/di`s have a ratio of 3 to 1 meaning 3 gallons of waste to 1 gallon of good this is what you want your ro/di to do every time it comes on at a minium you want 1.5 gallons of waste to .5 gallon good. by doing this you will increase the life of your ro/di greatly Another thing that you should be aware of is that most solenoids you buy to hook to your ro/di have only 1mm orfice this is the size of the hole threw the solenoid for water to pass using this size creates 2 things depending on were it is installed after ro/di it will cause back pressure threw your ro/di and cause premature failure of your ro/di putting it before your ro/di will cause stravation and also cause premature failure you should only use a minium of a 3mm orfice in your solenoid also you should know that ro water is very corrosive what a ro/di does is strips the ions out of the water so make sure you only use 304 stainless or better solenoid with stainless wet end for topping off. Thank you Oceanus Systems

Michael Mota
02/04/2007, 09:23 AM
I see what your saying but even if you have two soleniods in line incase one quits working the other will continue to work but what if both quit. or say one quits working and you never know it then the other quits and you don't know it. I guess my question is how do you know the soleniod stops working. in the past I have always replaced the soleniod every year or so just to make sure they keep working properly.

oceanus_systems
02/04/2007, 09:41 AM
Hello that is a great question the pro series has dual solenoids that have a redundancy check so once a month you open a shut off valve to check if there is any leaks blow by from the 1st solenoid and then you push a test button hold for a minute to test the second solenoid. This would be a redundancy test to insure both solenoids are working correctly. Also if you buy a solenoid valve check to see if it rebuildable a good quality solenoid is rebuildable and ask if they carry parts.

Michael Mota
02/04/2007, 10:32 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9155562#post9155562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by oceanus_systems
Hello that is a great question the pro series has dual solenoids that have a redundancy check so once a month you open a shut off valve to check if there is any leaks blow by from the 1st solenoid and then you push a test button hold for a minute to test the second solenoid. This would be a redundancy test to insure both solenoids are working correctly. Also if you buy a solenoid valve check to see if it rebuildable a good quality solenoid is rebuildable and ask if they carry parts.
When will this new system be out and available. More info?

oceanus_systems
02/04/2007, 10:37 AM
We should have everything up and running in less than 10 days. with complete details. thank you Oceanus Systems

Michael Mota
02/04/2007, 11:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9155968#post9155968 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by oceanus_systems
We should have everything up and running in less than 10 days. with complete details. thank you Oceanus Systems
very nice, I will wait for the new product before I make up my mind.
thank you for the info

phishlet
02/04/2007, 12:47 PM
Hi all!

Just wanted to chime in here and share my experience with Oceanus Systems. Steve's products are simply fabulous! I've been running a custom unit for almost a year now.

I too had similar concerns that many in this thread have shared already. I didn't want my RO/DI running directly to my sump. So I had Steve custom make me one. Here is how mine is configured.

I have two sets of floats (both with high/low floats). The first set resides in a top off resevoir (5 gallon Instant Ocean salt bucket). The second set of floats resides in my sump. There is a maxijet 1200 in my 5 gallon bucket. So as water evaporates out of my sump the floats trigger the maxijet to pump water out of the resevoir back to the sump. When the water in the resevoir gets too low the floats trigger the solenoid to refill the resevoir with fresh RO/DI water direct from my RO/DI unit.

Now there is a 1 - 6 hour timer installed which I have set to 6 hours currently. So the solenoid can only be activated every 6 hours which allows the RO/DI unit to run longer (and thus not burn out my DI cartridge as quickly). I also have the manual fill button to manually override the solenoid setting tand fill my resevoir should I need to. This is also real handy when I move the floats to my 40 gallon salt water mix container!

I also have the dry connects to connect the Oceanus to my Neptune AC3 controller. And there are two LED lights which indicate which set of floats is triggered as well as a red alarm with siren should one of the high floats ever get triggered.

The Oceanus Systems are built like tanks and I'd recommend one over a Tunze Osmolator any day... hands down. I'm very pleased and do not worry at all about the system.

If the solenoid were to fail for some reason, the only thing that could possibly happen is that my resevoir could overflow. Not a big deal for me since it is in my basement on cement. I don't worry about too much RO/DI water being dumped into the tank. And if you connect the system to your Neptune AC3 you could of course log in through the Internet to shut if off if you ever needed too. :D

baja_hammer2003
02/04/2007, 02:23 PM
wow it sounds like oceanus really hit the nail on the head i`m looking forward to seeing the new pro series also i have 1 now and the thing has worked flawless for almost 2 years and i need a second for a new set up.

Michael Mota
02/04/2007, 02:51 PM
I for one am impressed so far.

baja_hammer2003
02/05/2007, 05:21 AM
I think i will give them a call and see what the exact details are.

Michael Mota
02/13/2007, 02:45 PM
I just emailed Oceanus about making/modifying the atlas system for me waiting to hear back from them. I want it to have three floats one for each tank(refugium,frag,main) in case any one overflows it will shut the system down. I have decide to go with a solenoid right off my r/o. This for me makes the best sense. I like the atlas the way it is but just need sensors for all three tanks. Hope they can do it for me.

Michael Mota
02/14/2007, 10:05 AM
OK I got the quote today and for me it seems higher than what i am willing to pay. so i will build my own. But I would like to say thanks to Oceanus for there time and response here in this thread. Thanks to all for your input also. I will post the completed unit on my build thread when I get to it.
Thanks

jeffreylam1132
06/12/2007, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9156926#post9156926 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by phishlet
[B]

I also have the dry connects to connect the Oceanus to my Neptune AC3 controller. And there are two LED lights which indicate which set of floats is triggered as well as a red alarm with siren should one of the high floats ever get triggered.

Where can I get these dry connect? My atlas-pro just arrived and I was wondering how do I connect to my AC3 controller. If anybody can show me how, that would be a very great help. Thanks.

baja_hammer2003
06/13/2007, 06:08 AM
I have a break out box from neptunes that is connected to the 1st set of dry contacts on the oceanus i have the high and low alarm hooked to my float alarm in neptune controller and the second set of contacts i have programed when it receive`s a signal from oceanus to stir kalk for 15 minutes this gives about 2 hours before top off comes on i have mine set every 2 hours on the oceanus controller i had neptunes help me with the programming very easy. I like this thing

lilchris
06/13/2007, 09:29 AM
Does anyone have pictures of there setups or just the ATO system itself. I tried to see them on the web site I guess they are updating the new pictures. Do anyone have this system connected to a Kalkwasser reactor and a dosing pump.

JerseyReef
06/13/2007, 10:25 AM
Just a comment...

The pics on the web show float valves not being protected from critters from crawling on them. This would cause the solenoids to activate.

My float valve is encased in a PVC tube with a eggcrate covering the inlet and a cap (with a air hole) covering the top of the PVC tube.

jeffreylam1132
06/13/2007, 03:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10132981#post10132981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by baja_hammer2003
I have a break out box from neptunes that is connected to the 1st set of dry contacts on the oceanus i have the high and low alarm hooked to my float alarm in neptune controller and the second set of contacts i have programed when it receive`s a signal from oceanus to stir kalk for 15 minutes this gives about 2 hours before top off comes on i have mine set every 2 hours on the oceanus controller i had neptunes help me with the programming very easy. I like this thing

Can you please show me what break box you're referring too? If it's possible, can you post a pic of it or a link. Thanks.

baja_hammer2003
06/14/2007, 05:05 AM
here is a link for the neptunes systems I/O breakout box
www.neptunesys.com/probes.htm#IOBREAKOUT
just plug the break out box into your I/O port of your controller and get some banana plugs with some wire to hook your oceanus atlas pro to your neptune controller the oceanus will send a signal to the neptune controller if you have a high or low water condition that you can also set up to page you if something is wrong. also use the break out box to set up the kalk stirrer. Your oceanus pro has 2 digtal outputs on the front panel marked COM NO NC hope this helps.