PDA

View Full Version : How does this sound?

gkimble
02/01/2007, 02:49 PM
I am getting a custom 35 gallon tank and will be taking my two black and white clowns as long as my carpenter wrasse and transfering it over to teh new tank. What do you think about this?
Pair of BandW clowns
1 carpenter wrasse
1 radiant wrasse or flame angel. can't decide.....
pair of sand sifting gobies
To much? Should I get rid of the carpenter wrasse.
Let me know

Hormigaquatica
02/01/2007, 03:05 PM
I think that combination will be fine, though I would suggest the flame angel over the radiant wrasse. I would be concerned about the radiant harassing the carpenter in that size tank. Otherwise, looks good to me, just add them nice and slow.

gkimble
02/01/2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah that is whta I was thinking. I will have great filteration. 20 gallon sump, with a fuge, and a skimmer. So I think I can take the bioload. How about adding anotother carpenter wrasse to pair them up. That would be striking. 3 pairs of fish. As long as a flame

Hormigaquatica
02/01/2007, 03:43 PM
You can try adding another carpenters- but add them at the same time. It may work, but there is a good chance they will fight with eachother, esp since most Carpenters that make it into the hobby are already males. Just be prepared to seperate them if they dont get along after the first few days.

gkimble
02/01/2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah I will either get rid of my carpenter and get another type of wrasse pair. Should I go with a diamond goby pair or a 2 spot?

Hormigaquatica
02/01/2007, 09:06 PM
I think either would be ok, though the twospots do stay a bit smaller, which is a plus. Either way just make sure the tank is well established and has a nice sized sand bed before you introduce them, as they depend on that for most of their food.

gkimble
02/01/2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah they do stay smaller but I hear they are a little more agressive than teh diamonds.

Hormigaquatica
02/02/2007, 02:37 PM
Not by much, and they really have no reason to be aggressive towards the other species you have listed.