PDA

View Full Version : Seio problem

jzdad
02/02/2007, 01:53 PM
Anyone out there experience their seio just stopped for no reason, They were running and the next thing I know one had stopped so I messed with it and when it didnt start back up I took It out and gave it the vinager cleaning and after an hour of running ,it stopped again. So I put a little powerhead until I find out what is wrong I get home today and the other had stopped. Anybody know whats up?

AZDesertRat
02/02/2007, 02:07 PM
Look real closely for calcium build up between the shaft and magnet, make sure you completely disassemble it when cleanin in vinegar. I also found the calcium builds up inside the motor right where the shaft inserts into the motor housing and at that same poing on the impeller magnet, it is a low pressure area and it seems to draw calcium out of solution. Mine have never stopped but I have noticed an abnormal amount of calcium buildup at those points.

jzdad
02/02/2007, 02:27 PM
AZDesertRat .......I did take it apart and did notice a large build up of calcium . I took as much of it apart as I could and believe it or not , I am still messing around with it and still nothing..( I also used a little brissle brush to make sure It was good to go)
thanks

AZDesertRat
02/02/2007, 03:20 PM
I also use a small drill bit and small round bristle brush to ream out inside the impeller magnet, forgot to mention that.