PDA

View Full Version : OMG !!! WEIRDEST THING IN tHE WHOLE WORLD!!!!

oxkisses12ox
02/02/2007, 06:27 PM
last night i posted a thread on the breeding forum about how to get your clowns to have babies and what to do when they do they their eggs and tonight when i got home and looked at my clownfish... she was pregnant!! and her stomach was huge... yesterday she looked normal... with a tiny bulge in her stomach but i thought i was just imagining it because i wanted her to be pregant!! HOW CRAZY?!!!!!!

now......i dont know what to do?!!! i dont know anything about clowns having babies?!!

so im going to post this on every forum ( well 3 anyways ) so i get some quick advice!!!

dragonforce
02/02/2007, 06:32 PM
You need a breeding/grow out tank dedicated to the clowns if you plan on raising them. Otherwise you can just let them do their thing and the babies will feed all your residents. Good luck

oxkisses12ox
02/02/2007, 06:33 PM
i have a qt tank??? 2 gallon can i use that?

lynn53
02/02/2007, 06:54 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but clown females don't "get pregnant". They lay eggs on a substrate and the male clown looks after them till they hatch.
Hopefully nothing is wrong with your female...as they shouldn't get big belly's overnight or really anytime.

Angel*Fish
02/04/2007, 05:05 PM
Surely oxkisses12ox just meant the female was gravid -

And as far as the overnight swelling goes, when spawning is imminent, some "sudden" swelling can be expected

GSMguy
02/04/2007, 05:12 PM
get your rotifers culturing

Sk8r
02/04/2007, 05:41 PM
Oxkisses, I hate to break it to you, but mama and papa clown can handle this ok---just give them a good place and let them get settled. ;) If you get a breeding pair going, you're going to need a fishroom to handle the output.