PDA

View Full Version : maxijet 1200

ugluk
02/02/2007, 07:07 PM
OK, finally after doing all my homework I have aquired everything I need to set up the tank. As I am starting up the tank I'm sure I will have a million questions which I am lucky to have so much knowledge here to help. My first question is for my Maxijet. The air tube obviously must stick out of the water correct? Assuming this why is it so short? That means I can only keep my maxijet about 1/3 of the way down my tank. I was planning on having it closer to the bottom so I could have a lot of flow. If I have it so high will not all the water below be stagnant? Can I purchase tubing that would allow me to place the powerhead lower?

LauraCline
02/02/2007, 07:11 PM
Don't use the tubing at all. There is a clear cap that fits in the hole. Put that in there for more flow and you can also use the powerhead anywhere in the tank. I have one of mine way down at the bottom.

IPowderBlueTang
02/02/2007, 07:30 PM
Using the tubing on the nozzle will give you air bubbles in your tank and in saltwater tanks you want to avoid air bubbles in the tank!

ugluk
02/02/2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks alot everyone. I never would have figured that out on my own. I dont know what we did before the internet. One more question on the Maxijet. Should I use the undergravel filter adaptor or the prefilter grid support to connect to the Impeller chamber outlet?

IPowderBlueTang
02/02/2007, 11:56 PM
not the undergravel filter it can suck little fish in the bottom hole, use the other one that is supplied the bottom is rounded off grill type!

drummereef
02/03/2007, 12:01 AM
Correct, don't use the air inlet or you'll have mega bubbles. Definitely use the intake strainer, not the u/g adapter. The strainer will protect fish/inverts from getting sucked in. DON'T modify the lengh in any way. I learned this the hard way when my cuke got sucked up into one of them. :(

ugluk
02/03/2007, 06:08 AM
Prefilter grid attatchment it is. Now I remember reading somewhere that I shouldnt use the filters for this. Is this correct?

Kaos
02/03/2007, 07:43 AM
That is correct. The MJ will be used for flow purposes only.