PDA

View Full Version : LTA....In Fear of its LIfe!!!!!

02/03/2007, 06:38 PM
SO.....After the entire afternoon spent doing a water change, cleaning filters, scraping sides of the tank etc, etc....I settle down to watch my throughly cleaned masterpiece & decide to give the inhabitants a treat......Finely chopped shrimp soaked in Selcon....YUMMMM!!!! Serpent Star is loving life....Tang is ravenous as usual....Bubble Coral chows down & then I come to the Long Tentacle Anemone that has doubled in size in the month I have owned it....I suck up a big piece of shrimp in my handy dandy turkey baster & just before lights out over 1 1/2 hrs ago I give the LTA his dinner.....Shrimp is stuck in the baster, I squeeze harder & BAM!!!!....It shoots out like a cannon & I see something I have never seen in my life....The LTA not only closes up but it completely DISSAPPEARS UNDER the sand!!!!! I mean he went from 9 inches across to NOTHING at warp speed!!!! I don't know how the Porcelin Crab managed to jump off before he went down with the ship & dissapeared under the sand with the anemone....I have seen the anemone close up but this time he was GONE!!!!....I was sure I had killed him afer an hour had gone by & there was still no sign of him.....1 hour & 27 min later he finally surfaced.....WHEWWWWWW.....That was a close one....Those turkey basters are lethal weapons!!! Be Careful!!! He looks like he's going to be OK at least he went under with a bellyfull of shrimp!!!.....

edwing206
02/03/2007, 06:55 PM
haha, that's funny. mine also dissapeared once. i thought it moved but then later found it as a tiny thing with tentacles.

02/03/2007, 07:07 PM
Mine didn't move, it stayed in the same spot but went completely under the substrade.....There was NO sign of it at all!!!! I didn't think an anemone could do that.....I have a 4-6" crushed coral tank bottom & he was completely Under the cc with cc on top of him.....I was sure I killed him!!! He's OK, I just checked & he's about 5" & getting bigger & braver....It about ruined my whole evening!!!