PDA

View Full Version : Need help with EuroReef!!

boalady
02/03/2007, 10:16 PM
have a 75 gallon aquarium, currently lightly stocked.

I was wondering if anyone did the recirulation mod themselves and how easy it was. That would save me a good amount of money. But I'm nervous to drill into something that I just paid a couple hundred for.

Also I am wondering how to set it up to get the water from my overflow into the skimmer and than flow into the sump (I have a 29 gallon aquarium as a sump). Can you do this without the risk of flooding the house if something fails?

Anyone of pics of their skimmer set up this way?

Also I was wondering how quiet the skimmer is with the stock pump, my tank is in my bedroom and I am having trouble sleeping with my Nautalius and Mag 7 running. I have even added syrofoam to my stand to help muffle the sound.

I saw that they have Eheims for their larger skimmers and wish they had them for the smaller ones. I have an Eheim for my return pump and it is QUIET.

Thanks for any help you can give.

jules77
02/03/2007, 11:01 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/dsmith14/fish%20stuff/Picture002.jpg

The mod is fairly easy as long as you you have the right stuff. There are some pretty detailed instructions on the ASM site which pretty much trasfers over to ER.

Im feeding mine with a MJ 600 as controlling flow off the overflow is tough to regulate.

I would still reccomend running it in-sump and feed with a powerhead.