PDA

View Full Version : acanthurus pyroferus

Jerry W
02/04/2007, 07:29 PM
I just purchased a juvi chocolate tang. It's maybe 3 inches. Nice active, healthy fish. It has taken some nori and some Emerald entree, as well as some pellets. Other than the standard commrcial aquarium fare (I feed no less than 12 different foods) is there anything I should be offering (macros, lettuce or other terrestrial greens). Thanks.

Kahuna Tuna
02/04/2007, 10:52 PM
I dont believe in feeding my fish salad, I know others do and have success but I'm a nori man all the way. I've never fed macro but that makes more sense to me than lettuce. My mimic loves the green nori and I give my fish nori daily. My mimic also really likes the new life spectrum pellets and mysis as well. What coloration is your juvi?

Jerry W
02/04/2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks KT. Mine is a yellow (really looks like butterscotch) color. He has some interesting hues, and was a bit mottled looking the first day, perhaps due to being intimidated by the majestic. THey don't pay attention to each other now and the tang's color is solid again. I use nori regularly as well. Fed mysis today and he didn't touch it but he's still settling in.
Appreciate the input.

Kahuna Tuna
02/04/2007, 11:17 PM
Mine was the solid yellow variety as well but he is really darkening up quickly now. You will enjoy this fish, definately one of my favorites.

Jerry W
02/04/2007, 11:44 PM
YUp. I've always wanted one but waited for a juvi.