PDA

View Full Version : Red Tiger Oscar sluggish and not eating

baggo
02/05/2007, 08:13 PM
My Oscar was always very energetic and jumped out of the tank for food. I did a water change and he suddenly became very sluggish and breathing heavily. Minimal eating too. I did a 50% water change. I had water tested. Ammonia and nitrite/nitrate levels good. An odor came from water. Fish store stated may be water poisoning from windex. I have since done two more 20% water changes and changed carbon and added an extra carbon pack. Still not same. Eating slowly. He swims a little more but mostlyl just swims in one spot. Breathing is much better now. Is poisoning possible? Does it take some time to recover? Need help please!!!!

Hattie B
02/06/2007, 09:40 AM
Hi Baggo,

If something happened right after you did a WC, then it probably does have something to do with the water or something that got into the water.

I would contiune to do what you are doing; run lots of carbon, don't forget to change it out. Do another WC.

It could take the guy some time, but it should get better with WC and running carbon.

baggo
02/06/2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the response Hattie, unfortunately, he died today. I'll have to be more aware of my surroundings during a water change.

Baggo