PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing a 240 Peninsula

RParker
02/06/2007, 01:20 PM
Well my wife lost her mind and said i could get a larger tank and she offered to work some over time to pay for it ( Nope she's not for sale :D )

My question is how should I go about pluming the tank. It will have no canopy, open top with pendants. So a manafold around the top of the tank is out.

I was thinking of running my return plumbing under the LR to the far side of the tank and using power heads from the overflow side? My only concern would be having enough flow on the far side without having to much flow through the sump. I would also prefer not to drill the bottom of the tank.

The tank is not yet manufactured so I'm not limited with a tank I already own.

The tank will also be a mixed reef, a little bit over everything.

Any sugestions?

Regards
Robb

nyvp
02/06/2007, 01:47 PM
I have a 560g 3 side if it helps ya.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=847516

rayman45
02/06/2007, 03:01 PM
y no top??

i would make an overflow on the side to the wall and plumb the over flow dranes/returns in there then do a closed loop..

RParker
02/06/2007, 04:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9173708#post9173708 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nyvp
I have a 560g 3 side if it helps ya.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=847516

That helps alot actually. I have read through your thread several times, long before I was going to upgrade. Do you have any concerns with holes in the bottom of your tank?

y no top??

Just something I prefer, I like the open top look. The over flow will be external on the wall side.

Jar*Head
02/06/2007, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9173480#post9173480 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RParker
[B]Well my wife lost her mind and said i could get a larger tank and she offered to work some over time to pay for it ( Nope she's not for sale :D )

This is soooo not fair. My wife also Canadian, also from Edmonton Alberta. But she didn't offer anything when i want to upgrade the tank :(. You are a lucky man....

nyvp
02/07/2007, 12:53 AM
nah the 4 holes are fine they are 2 ft apart and all good. I love having no overflow box in the tank looks nice and clean. I was going to do a center but glad I didnt.

RParker
02/11/2007, 08:41 PM
My wife changed my plans, no more peninusla in the office, we are now going with an 8'x2'x2' in our family room. So after all my work I have to re-evaluate my whole plan.

nyvp
02/11/2007, 09:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9217446#post9217446 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RParker
My wife changed my plans, no more peninusla in the office, we are now going with an 8'x2'x2' in our family room. So after all my work I have to re-evaluate my whole plan.

Hmmm strange that never ever happens to any one else here :rollface:

RParker
02/11/2007, 10:36 PM
Every husband knows how it works... If she's not happy then no one is happy! ha

It's funny though, when I first started planning she said she didn't care.. now everytime we talk about it she has new ideas!