PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Diamond Goby

brandonst878
02/06/2007, 02:35 PM
Currently the only fish in my tank is a diamond goby. I am not sure how much I should be feeding him though. He sifts the sand all day and every couple of days I feed frozen mysis that I soak in vitamins before serving. He will not eat pellets. I am afraid to put too much food in the tank because I only have the one fish right now and many of the mysis go uneaten, but then again I don't want him to starve. Any suggestions?

zoomfish1
02/06/2007, 03:16 PM
Try some flake food like Prime Reef, just a couple of flakes and see if it eats that. I would have thought mysis would be good. Gobys are sand sifters and get most of their nutrients from the substrate ie. pods and such. Mine took flake food as a supplement, usually finding what hit the bottom.

Could be he needs company!

eddified
02/06/2007, 07:40 PM
my diamond goby doesnt even sift for food anymore i think i spoiled him...hes right at the top of the tank witht the other fish fighting for food and he's eaten just about everything ive thrown in there from flakes, mysis, to live brine and even angel formula....

acrouse
02/06/2007, 10:14 PM
Can you use a turkey baster with the mysis and tank water and let only a couple pcs. at a time out of the baster near your Goby? (closer to the bottom of the tank). It may help with less food going uneaten. I started feeding my Goby this way, but now he eats everything-everytime I feed the fish! So my Goby gets feed daily.
jolene