PDA

View Full Version : Black Clown And Percula Clowns Breed?

Radiography14
02/06/2007, 10:50 PM
IS IT POSSIBLE IF THE ONLY 2 FISH I CHOOSE TO HAVE IS A BLACK CLOWN AND A PERCULA CLOWN. WILL THEY BREED EVENTUALLY? WILL LIFE FIND A WAY AND GO ON? AND IS THERE ANYTHING ANYWHERE THAT TALKS ABOUT WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CLOWNS LAY EGGS?..THANKS EVERYONE TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK AT THIS

Bmgrocks
02/07/2007, 06:26 AM
i don't see why they won't...especially if they are the same species

usually you only find the black clown in the ocellaris/false perc form

im not sure if ocellaris will hybridize with true percs

but i don't see why they wouldnt. i have 2 ocellaris, black and regular if they do they do..

Slakker
02/07/2007, 08:27 AM
Ocellaris and Percula have been known to hybridize, afaik.

Order the book "Clownfishes" by Joyce D. Wilkerson, it's a great read and has tons of info on rearing the fry should your clowns decide to spawn.

Also, read through this thread: My Clownfish just laid eggs. Now what? (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=240158)

illcssd
02/07/2007, 10:28 AM
First off, next time turn your capslock off, its a pain to read and you will not get as many answers that way, no need to YELL.
Seconding what slakker said.
Read that book about three times through. It is a wealth of information. Also go view all the older threads in the breeding forum on this site. Lots of real good info about success's and trials there as well.
They can breed, it happens alot, still not sure as to what the babies look like though, possibly a muddy orangeish brown..