PDA

View Full Version : AquaC protein skimmer

jnguyen4007
02/07/2007, 08:54 AM
Hi all,

Newbie here. I've been looking around for a good protein skimmer to be used in a 55-90 gal tank. I found a link to a company that manufacture AquaC protein skimmer. They make it sound like same their product is really good. I was wondering if anyone had heard of or use AquaC protein skimmer. If so, what do you think of them?

Here is the link to their website in case if you want to see what their skimmer looks like.

http://www.proteinskimmer.com/productsnew.htm

Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated.

James

kookerson
02/07/2007, 09:35 AM
Ive heard that they are really good, but a bit noisy. If Im right, there's this group of people here on RC that loves the Aqua C.

FLReefGirl
02/07/2007, 09:51 AM
I have one and it take out a lot of yuck. It's not as noisy as I thought it was going to be. I don't remember the tricks but others here on RC know the simple tricks to make it more quiet.
:D

peterink
02/07/2007, 09:59 AM
I think AquaC is one of the good stuffs you will want to invest in. I am looking for an AquaC too.

jgoodrich71
02/07/2007, 10:04 AM
I own an AquaC EV180 run with a 900 gph pump on my 65 and couldn't be happier with it. I may have a bit more noise than a recirculation type skimmers, but it is not something I notice. It can take a little bit on getting it set right when you first set it up, but once you get it dialed in, you never have to fiddle with it again. I clean my collection cup every day, but other than that, I don't have to touch it.

61scout80
02/07/2007, 10:17 AM
I have an aqua c remora, i've only had it for a few weeks but its pulling a lot of junk out, its not that loud and it was extremely easy to set up and get running. plus i had some questions about the skimmer before i purchased it and Aqua C's customer service was quick to respond and extremely helpful.

miniwhinny
02/07/2007, 10:31 AM
I have an Aqua C Remora with the additional surface skimmer box. I LOVE IT. It does an awesome job. I'm not bothered by the slight noise. It's very easy to set up and easy to adjust the collection cup height. Great product and have absolutly no regrets buying one..would buy another in a heartbeat if I set up another tank.

Poorcollegereef
02/07/2007, 10:37 AM
AquaC is a good quality skimmer and many people swear by them, but just as many prefer other skimmers. My personal experience is that AquaC is good but there are better brands in the price range ie: Euroreef, Octopus, ect. I currently use Euroreef because was better for my sump and I felt I am getting better performace. But like I said, many other people are very happy with it.
On another note, the only "problem" with AquaC is the construction quality of the product. Some are perfect while others are slightly off creating a range of performace issues. This might also be a reason why some are in love and some are jaded with AquaC. This comment comes up alot when comparing AquaC, but this issue isnt exclussively to this brand.

Also, ask the filtration forum, they will give you a much different perspective on skimmers.

jnguyen4007
02/07/2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. It looks like the AquaC EV series is what I'll be getting. I'll have to contact the company to see what particular model is best for my tank.

James

peterink
02/09/2007, 08:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9180930#post9180930 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnguyen4007
Thanks everyone for your input. It looks like the AquaC EV series is what I'll be getting. I'll have to contact the company to see what particular model is best for my tank.

James

If your pocket allows, get one size up , provided it doesnt make more noise.

good luck

luke33
02/09/2007, 08:52 AM
Once your ready for your purchase, go to premium aquatics and talk and buy it there. the cheapest on the net with the best service around. They even have a live chat. Good luck, and i'm happy with my aqua c as well.