PDA

View Full Version : fiji yellow leather?

miniz2k6
02/07/2007, 07:06 PM
how big do they get? will i be able to put one in a 20g high? on liveaquaria.com it says large=5-7" does that mean they can grow to 7" long?

sir_dudeguy
02/07/2007, 07:15 PM
IMO leathers can get any size. Theres not a whole lot stopping it from growing if the levels are right. Theres a dude on here (can never remember his name) who's had a fiji yellow leather for 19 years, named it steve, and it takes up more than half of a 90g tank. He's got pics of it on here too, i just cant remember the thread it is in....someone here will tho.

But IMO, it would be fine in a 20g tank. I see no reason you couldnt just frag it and trade off/sell the pieces you cut off if it gets too big for your taste.

miniz2k6
02/07/2007, 08:30 PM
thanks.......and sorry for the triple post. i didn't notice it till now, lol.

dustin323
02/08/2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah any size tank should do, you just may have to frag it from time to time. However the Fiji yellow leather is one of the harder leatehrs to keep.

drbronx
02/08/2007, 05:39 PM
Sarcophyton elegans are very slow growers relative to other mushroom leathers but can eventualy grow quite large. They require lots of light to grow well. They are easy to frag and thus you can manage its growth however you like.