PDA

View Full Version : Help me put some fish in my tank

CorbetJackson50
02/08/2007, 09:31 AM
I have about a 4 year old very established 90g with a 40g hob fuge. Lots of coral and only a couple fish: i currently have 2.5" gold stripe maroon had about a year, along with a candy cane goby about 1.5" also about 1yr in tank, Also a Royal Gramma which i have had since the tank was started. I would like to add 2 tangs and some chromis or somthing, add some life to the tank. As it is now the clown stays in his anemone most of the time, and the royal gramma and goby are rarely seen. Would just like suggestions: Here is what i have been thinking about:
Tangs Pick two
Achilles
Blue
Powder blue
Sailfin
Powder Brown
Black

Also a school of green chromis or blue and orange damsels something to add some life.

CorbetJackson50
02/08/2007, 09:36 AM
I also like antrhias and wrasses

SDguy
02/08/2007, 09:53 AM
I would just get one tang. Add it last (after any chromis, wrasses, whatever). I think maybe you can scrape by with a PblueT in a 90g (i assume it's a 4ft tank?) if it's the only large fish in there, and you feel confident enough to handle a touchy fish in a smaller tank. (QT a must IME).

Have you thought about a bristletooth or smaller zebrasoma instead?

hth

CorbetJackson50
02/08/2007, 10:13 AM
Yes it is a 4 ft tank and qt is a must i have a 29 i use as qt what kind of wrasses would one recomend i like the filiment wrasse also how many chromis 4-6?

SDguy
02/08/2007, 10:48 AM
I personally have not had good experiences with chromis. They just kill each other off in too small a tank, or go their separate ways in moderately sized tanks. I'm not sure they shoal at all without a predator around, at least not as adults.

I like the fairy/flasher wrasse. Most are small and pretty and docile. Lots to choose from.

Salty Brother
02/08/2007, 11:13 AM
I recommend 3 female lyretail anthias, and 1 male. They are beautiful fish that add a ton to the tank.
I also like the carpenter flasher wrasse.

CorbetJackson50
02/08/2007, 11:23 AM
very nice thinking